I need to run a credit report. Where do I go?? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Janine Peterson on June 21, 1999 at 06:34:49:

I am a Mortgage Broker, and my company has a credit reporting service. We are charged $4.24 per credit pulled from each repository ($4.00 per person plus tax). We signed up with a local service company in our area called “Professional Mortgage Reference Services, Inc.”-- they are located in PA. It wasn’t hard to sign up, but we did have to provide our license to substantiate our need for consumer credit info. If you don’t want to go through this maybe there is a way I could provide this service for you, contact me at my e-mail if you would like to arrange something. Cost to you would be $6.00 per credit report. Otherwise simply try to sign up with a credit reporting service in your area. If you are a private individual this might be difficult, so you might want to think about forming a company if they give you a problem. Real simple, not a corporation or anything, just file a tradename (dba) and form a sole proprietor company for the purpose of real estate investing or management, and you should be eligible to receive the credit reporting service. I hope that was helpful. Good luck.

I need to run a credit report. Where do I go?? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 20, 1999 at 15:51:07:

Hi.

Can someone direct me to the best source to run a credit report on a prospective buyer. I’m not interested in joining equifax or one of the other services. Where can run a report and get the FICO score quickly and cheaply?

Thanks.

Re: I need to run a credit report. Where do I go?? - Posted by Lonnie(SanClemente)

Posted by Lonnie(SanClemente) on June 21, 1999 at 14:30:20:

I use a company in Kansas City(I think). 800-905-8774.
It’s $9 to have the report faxed to me. Don’t do
FICO scores however. You just get the information
showing all payment histories and judgements
and collection items.