If I didn't laugh, Id...I'd... - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Laure on June 16, 2000 at 22:35:09:

me neither. Too darned honest.

Laure :slight_smile:

If I didn’t laugh, Id…I’d… - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on June 16, 2000 at 18:11:32:

…probably “go postal.” (smile)

Update regarding the property I bought a few weeks ago that was burglarized…can I ramble?

The day after it was burglarized, the woman that was interested in buying the house brought her brother by to take a look. I had given her the lock-box combination. She found that the house was completely flooded from a leak under the kitchen sink. A piece of flex-tubing running from the hot-water shut-off valve to the faucet had burst. The whole house was under a quarter-inch of water.

If you were following before, you know I was marketing this house to “sweat equity” types to see if I could get any nibbles before going though with a full rehab. Well, that $3 piece of flex tubing has caused several thousands in damage.

I met with my insurance company’s general contractor at the house today. Get this: all new linoleum, all new carpeting, all new cabinets in the kitchen (upper and lower because of matching), all new countertops, new floors in both bathrooms, new vanities and dressing table, and paint in almost every room.

Now, not all of this is covered 100%. My landlord’s policy depreciates some materials. But, all in all, it looks like the whole rehab will cost me my $500 deductable, plus any depreciation I have to make-up.

All because of a $3 piece of flex-tubing. Thank goodness for insurance. I just think it’s weird that all this happened within a week of me closing on the sale.

Stacy

Re: If I didn’t laugh, Id…I’d… - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on June 16, 2000 at 20:33:57:

Didn’t you lose your tools, and your brief case in that flood? NAAWW…

Laure :slight_smile:

You’ll never want to part with this house. Emotional Attachment (nt) - Posted by TEW, NJ

Posted by TEW, NJ on June 16, 2000 at 18:16:05:

Somehow I smell a bull5hitter in the croud - Posted by Tony W

Posted by Tony W on June 16, 2000 at 21:09:08:

I thought that the tools and briefcase got stolen or something to that effect too!

This story is a little far fetched

Tony W

Re: LOL! - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on June 16, 2000 at 20:55:47:

Hmmmm…

No, can’t do it.

Stacy

Re: Somehow I smell a bull5hitter in the croud - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on June 16, 2000 at 22:29:59:

who me?? naw, I’m just ornry tonight.

Laure ;-0