IF you post, read this.... - Posted by Mark

Posted by Rick(CA) on March 23, 2001 at 01:07:20:

Carmen,

Then you are rare to me. As a contributor to this board, I realize that all the Thank You’s could clutter up the board, but for all the help I’ve given to newbies this past year, I can count on one hand how many have replied (even privately) with a single thank you.

IF you post, read this… - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on March 21, 2001 at 23:50:59:

One purpose for this board is for people to post questions concerning situations they are dealing with at the moment.

Often time, the poster posts a question and people will leave long detailed responses(often NUMEROUS responses) and the original poster never replies with “Well this is how I resolved it” or at least a “thank you”.

This is not a “auto-reply” board, people take the time to respond…lets all keep this in mind please and appreciate the time people give to it.

Mark

Thanks All… - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on March 23, 2001 at 11:00:11:

Sorry, couldn’t resist…fine, don’t say thank you, but how about…“this is what I ended up doing”

Mark
ps-THIS wasnt a reply so its not cluttering up anyones email…I replied to myself :slight_smile:

Thank You … - Posted by Carmen_FL

Posted by Carmen_FL on March 22, 2001 at 15:05:54:

To everyone who feels this way. W

hen I post a question, I am grateful for any responses - however, I don’t want to clutter up the board by thanking each person who responds individually. So sometimes I e-mail privately, but sometimes, I do neglect to do even that. I must say though, when I post a reply, I don’t expect a thank you each time, for the same reasons - not to clog up the board, and someone’s e-mail, with just a “thanks for answering”. I think that’s implied.

Can you imagine Ed Garcia, JPiper, et al’s e-mails if they got a thank you each time they posted??? :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m just not up on this “netiquette” thing…

You are RIGHT about THAT! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 22, 2001 at 10:39:41:

Many of these responses DO take time to formulate!

I was just discussing this very same matter with a CRE friend two days ago. The end result: OFTEN times nary a ‘thank you’!

de nada! :slight_smile: [nt] - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 23, 2001 at 11:19:53:

nt.