Incorporating California vs Nevada - Posted by CK

Posted by AndyA(CA) on February 20, 2001 at 18:45:45:

If you plan to do business or own real estate in CA, I suggest you contact the CA Dept of State before setting up a Nevada Corp. Recently I registered my foreign (NY) corp in CA. The first question they asked me was “is this a Nevada corp?”. They proceeded to tell me thay have many problems with Nevada Corps, and often treat them as if they do not exist. I’m not sure how they do that, but I would check into it before incurring setup costs.

Incorporating California vs Nevada - Posted by CK

Posted by CK on February 20, 2001 at 14:40:03:

Hello all…I have a question regarding incorporating. I reside in California, however, it seems it cost less to incorporate in Nevada. I know as a Nevada Corp., I would have to register in California as a foreign entity. What are the pros/cons of registering in Nevada other than the initial cost? What are the costs of registering as a foreign entity (associated cost to include additional paperwork in California and Nevada).

It seems the Nevada process is fairly simple…unless I am missing something.

Thanks

ck

Re: Incorporating California vs Nevada - Posted by Erik Bergerud

Posted by Erik Bergerud on February 21, 2001 at 19:09:35:

I live in CA as well and would like to do biz in both states. Do you REI in CA and NV? What are the laws as far as licenses and such. I am a LeGrand student who wants to L/O, wholesale, and FSBO, in CA & NV. What avenues have you taken so far?

Nevada Corporations have great tax benefits - Posted by info@hiresuccessnow.com

Posted by info@hiresuccessnow.com on February 21, 2001 at 05:51:53:

A major plus to having a Nevada corp. is that there is no state income tax in Nevada, personal, or for companies.

Even if you’re doing business in another state, a Nevada corp. is very beneficial tax wise. Although my company has other corporations incorporated in other states, we now utilize our Nevada Corporation as owning the other coprorations.

For the fees involved, check out the Nevada Secretary of State website http://sos.state.nv.us/

You can also utilize probably the best corporation company I know of, http://www.laughlinassociates.com.They have many corporation services available, including their Resident Agent service. You will need an individual or company to act as your Resident Agent for a Nevada Corporation.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

G.Thompson
gthompson@hiresuccessnow.com
www.hiresuccessnow.com

P.S. I personally have lived in Las Vegas the last two years.