Info on Auctions! - Posted by TomFL

Posted by Rob FL on January 20, 2000 at 20:58:09:

They are usually listed in the Legal Notices sections of the Classified page in the newspaper. The only requirement is that the newspaper must be of general circulation in the county the property is located. Check the big and the smaller newspapers. This goes for foreclosure and sheriff’s auctions.

Info on Auctions! - Posted by TomFL

Posted by TomFL on January 20, 2000 at 20:21:35:

Can someone tell a newbie where to get info on courthouse auctions. Such as when they are coming up and what propeties are going to be auctioned off. This may be a very basic question and if it is please forgive my ignorance. But any information would be helpful.

Many classifieds are online now. - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 20, 2000 at 21:58:16:

You may be able to search and print those legal notices in seconds through the internet. I can in my area.

Re: Info on Auctions! - Posted by ccreed

Posted by ccreed on January 20, 2000 at 21:01:08:

Different states, different counties/cities, different strokes. While each jurisdiction seems to have its own laws & customs, if there is one not requiring public notice of the impending sale, I’d be surprised. “Notice” usually implies publication–in a newspaper “of public record” or “of general circulation”. Look under “Legal Notices”. These could be the major metro daily, the local paper, the local legal paper, or some hybrid like Banker & Tradesman.

Why you wanna go to auctions anyway? The real gurus “don’t go to auctions”. I go to auctions. (sigh) You meet a different class of people. You have strange experiences. (See note below–“What would you do?”)

Good luck.

N.B. Don’t forget the cashier’s check–$5000 will usually cover it.

–CR