Information about website on foreclosures - Posted by Greg

Posted by ssi6 on April 05, 2000 at 07:03:04:

I posted the same question out here after receiving solicitations from them and without fail, everyone told me to stay away. Upon receiving the next solicitation I told them I had gotten bad responses and their salesman, a guy by the name of Bill Steiger, told me only “losers” surf these boards while the “real” investors were out there doing deals. I have the email filed if you want to see it and I told him I would be sure and pass his mesasge on to anyone that asked.

Information about website on foreclosures - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on April 05, 2000 at 06:48:54:

Can anyone tell me if you are familiar with the website foreclosureleads.com or foreclosureworld.com They want $368 to become a member.It sounds good up front but I would like to see if anyone else has used this service and if so,is it worth the money? Your info will be greatly apprieciated.

Re: Information about website on foreclosures - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 05, 2000 at 12:43:34:

http://www.foreclosures.com/pages/sites_to_avoid.asp

Read the link above and also do an archive search on CREOnline at the top of the page. At least once a month these guys are mentioned-I’m waiting to read a review that is favorable.

-Good Luck,Chris

Re: Information about website on foreclosures - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on April 05, 2000 at 10:23:59:

GREG. did you know that you can mail over 1750 postcards for $368. Just something to consider…ED

Re: Information about website on foreclosures - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 05, 2000 at 07:39:39:

From what I hear, by the time you get the foreclosure listings the best ones have already been picked over. The information is dated. There has to be a time lag between when the foreclosure info is gathered and when that info gets into your hands.

Also this info is all public knowledge that can be obtained by a trip to your local courthouse. I go down to my courthouse and can go through a single foreclosure file in two minutes, getting names, the address, who owes who and how much, interest and penalties and when the redemption period expires.

You’re only paying for second hand information by subscribing to one of these services. I wouldn’t waste my money.