Inherit real estate and no one will talk to me? - Posted by Rachel Callies

Posted by John Merchant on September 20, 2003 at 07:08:54:

If your inheritance rights stem from a Last Will or Estate Probate (even if NO will) there will have been some kind of probate procedure in Probate Court.

And anybody can freely go to that Probate Clerk’s office and look at that probate file.

So go to the Clerk of that Probate Court and there look up and read the probate file, to see exactly what has & hasn’t happened on your releative’s probate case.

You’ll then know what’s been done, and can check the status of the property sale. And all the other business of that probate.

If you have an attorney he/she can easily & quickly, probably with a phone call to the other lawyer, find the exact status of the probate for you.

Inherit real estate and no one will talk to me? - Posted by Rachel Callies

Posted by Rachel Callies on September 19, 2003 at 17:37:09:

I inherited shares of real estate (a small mall) and with the papers from the lawyer was a statement saying that the property was in the process of being sold and that we would receive a certain sum of money when the sale was complete in 6-8 weeks. That was 6 months ago. No one at the real estate agency returns my messages and I don’t even know if they have my new address. (The phones are completely automated and I leave voice mails regularly.) What can I do to find out what is happening?/What are my rights? Thanks!