Interested in a House, what should I do? - Posted by Fran (CA)

Posted by dewCO on January 17, 2001 at 10:55:42:

Leave a note on the door. Mail a letter to the owner. Ask neighbors of they know where the owner lives.

Interested in a House, what should I do? - Posted by Fran (CA)

Posted by Fran (CA) on January 16, 2001 at 20:00:31:

Hi Gang,

I found a house while driving around that really needs some help. The roof is in good shape, the house just needs a coat of paint, the fence fixed and yard cleaned up. All from the outside, I haven’t been inside yet. That is what I am trying to do.

Here the information that I do have on the house:

1. The house was bought origianlly in 1966 for 45K. I checked the comps and it shows that there is not mortgage on the property and the taxes are current. I am assuming that the original owners are either living in it or have it as a rental. Either way, it looks like they are not maintaining it.

2. The other homes in the neighborhood are in great shape, nice yards, etc. and house next door (with same floor plan) went for 325K last year.

My question is: what is the best way to contact these people and see if they would be willing to sell?

It is amazing to me that when I first saw this house about 6 months ago (before starting my REI business) I thought, how could people live in a house like that. Now I see the potential money that I can make if I can close this deal.

All help as always is greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Fran