Investing in Tax Liens in Florida - Posted by Felisza Nichols

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 14, 2003 at 24:01:01:

Felisza Nichols--------------

I recommend John Beck’s “Free and Clear,” which you can order either from the website of the infomercial people or directly from John’s www.johnbeck.net website.

Try to track down Jimmy Napier in Chipley, FL. Last I know he had the printing right to “License to Steal,” a book on tax liens just for the state of FL.

“The 16% Solution” by Moskowitz is readily available at on-line book stores such as Amazon dot com.

Disclosure: I consider John Beck to be a friend.

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Investing in Tax Liens in Florida - Posted by Felisza Nichols

Posted by Felisza Nichols on September 13, 2003 at 22:36:15:

Can anyone point me in the right direction of finding a good source to learn about tax liens? I would like to purchase one for myself, but would also like to begin investing in tax liens.

Re: Investing in Tax Liens in Florida - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on September 14, 2003 at 10:27:07:

Tax certificates have gotten extremely competitive in Florida. Most of the big Wall Street type institutions end up bidding all of the interest rates down to 2% or so.

The auctions occur in May-June every year depending on the county. There is a list of unpurchased certificates, but they are rare and usually surrounded by problems. Some of the more rural counties might be easier to buy in because the instiutional buyers tend to go to the more populated areas where they can buy lots of certificates.

In my opinion, the opportunity to make any significant money off Florida tax certificates for the mostpart has long passed.