Investment clubs, not re investment clubs - Posted by sdupdike

Posted by DB on October 02, 2002 at 17:09:49:

Unless, they are investing in “REIT’s” I wouldn’t bother with them. I am sure it would be good information, if you want to buy stocks.

I would get yourself a good book on Real Estate or maybe a course. You, can learn more info. from one of these sources, than you could at a meeting about investing in stocks. Investment meetings are good to make contacts and network with like-minded people. I have met some very good mortgage brokers at these meetings. I have met some great rehab investors who I can assign my contracts too.

If you want to buy and sell stocks than YES, these meetings will be helpful. If you are investing in RE, I would search for another club who has presentations, speakers, and meetings to discuss RE monthly. I am not sure where you are located, but you might have to drive a little further to find what you are looking for! Use this website and locate a club near you.

Good luck,

dave

Investment clubs, not re investment clubs - Posted by sdupdike

Posted by sdupdike on October 02, 2002 at 14:17:34:

I have looked for re investment clubs in my area, but can’t seem to find any. There are however 2 investment clubs. Would it benefit me any to go to those meetings?

Depends what they are investing in? - Posted by DB

Posted by DB on October 02, 2002 at 16:14:14:

Are they meeting because they invest in stocks? Do they invest in futures or other contracts an options?

If it is not RE, then I wouldn’t bother unless you are interested or are planning to do what they are investing in.

dave

Re: Depends what they are investing in? - Posted by sdupdike

Posted by sdupdike on October 02, 2002 at 16:58:33:

Actually I’ve sent some emails to the two group I found. I think they invest in stock, not sure exactly. You don’t think that networking with the people in a club like this would be at all beneficial?