Investor web sites - Posted by DavidV

Posted by Rob FL on February 13, 2001 at 13:26:10:

Somewhere I heard,

Only in America do people store worthless junk in their garage while they park their cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway.

And yes I will be at the convention.

Investor web sites - Posted by DavidV

Posted by DavidV on February 12, 2001 at 17:32:38:

I am curious about using a website in my marketing and was wondering if anyone would mind sharing their web address that does this to give me some input. What kind of success has anyone had doing this? I know you guys wanna show off your sites. :slight_smile:

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on February 15, 2001 at 20:20:09:

www.realestatesolutions.homestead.com

Still a work in progress, but I’m starting to get more hits and more leads.

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 13, 2001 at 08:25:56:

Mine is We buy houses cash Florida Orlando. It’s a free website. I get tons of hits each month and several phone calls and emails because of those. I use it mostly for credibility purposes.

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on February 12, 2001 at 19:41:22:

David,
My site is www.QuickOffers.com and I also have links to other investors’ sites on mine. Mine needs serious work, but it’s functional for now. Good investing…

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on February 12, 2001 at 18:51:24:

Here’s one we’re getting together. It’s only roughed out, but I think you’ll get the idea.

www.foreclosure911.com

Joe

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 12, 2001 at 18:04:15:

David,
Well, I’ll pass along my URL to you.
But, keep in mind, my website is VERY amature.
I am NOT a web designer by any means, and do not have the time to update my site at all.
In fact, the only time I have changed it at all over the last couple of years was to either ad/remove properties from my “Homes for sale” section, or to change my contact info when I moved.
Here is the URL: http://miphomes.hypermart.net

Also, as for response from it.
I have bought a few homes from leads that found me on the web.
Mostly though I get leads that are out of my area and I pass them along to other REI’s.
I am now working a deal with a person in Wisconsin because the seller up there saw my website.
I just found an investor in the area where the seller is located and we are sharing in the profit a bit.
(my share is small, since I’m not doing a whole lot for the deal.)

The way I look at it is this:
There are so many places you can build and publish a website for FREE, why not do it?

Good luck to you,
Jim IL

P.S. It has helped me with some local deals, simply because my business cards and all letterhead etc have my little “See us on the web @: http://mywebURL.here” on the bottom of them.
A few sellers have said they would “think about” my offers, and then they saw my website and decided to sell to me.
One lady even said, “I was not sure if you were for real, or what, until I saw you on the web. This told me you ARE a professional, so we are ready to sign the deal.”
Gotta love that!!!

Õ¿Õ

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by Curt

Posted by Curt on February 12, 2001 at 18:03:52:

You do?

Well I don’t! (Not anymore)

I’m seasoned in this area and will pass on this one

uhhhh ! - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 12, 2001 at 20:51:28:

Ummm… am I seeing the house on Caddo St. correctly? It’s got a HUGE tree growing right in the middle of the driveway! That’s pretty wild stuff. :wink:

RL

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on February 12, 2001 at 21:58:00:

Joe,

Just curious, do you think your e-mail addy could chase off some potential sellers? I mean, if a seller see’s “nothingdown.com” that might scare them off thinking this guy ain’t got no money! LOL

Also, that would link anyone to your main site and then they’ll start thinking this guys one of them there CS type of guys just wanting to buy my house for nothing down! Forget calling this one!

Am I making a mountain of a mole hill?

Re: Investor web sites - Posted by John STL

Posted by John STL on February 13, 2001 at 11:32:08:

I don’t understand your post please explain.

Couldn’t resist…had to take a peek. - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 13, 2001 at 11:31:53:

Now how th’ HAILLLLLLLLLLL do they get in that garage???

(Quite a challenge for a first-time drive!!)

treehuggers? - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on February 12, 2001 at 22:59:07:

RL,
Heck, we tacked on 10k just for that priceless piece of scenery. Austin’s environmentalists are a pretty big sector here - surely there’s someone out there who would appreciate the “beauty”. LOL!

You should see the trunk on the oak in the back - makes that driveway “divider” look like a fresh sapling. And let’s not forget the 3" split right through the entire middle of the back patio.

For some strange reason this one ain’t moving. LOL! But it’s still better than our murder house which is the prime story of an hour long show on Court TV every few months.

Re: uhhhh ! - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on February 12, 2001 at 22:13:39:

That’s what they call one of them there, “Texas Barricades” to protect the home front! Brings in a premium on the selling price!!! LOL

Beta . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on February 12, 2001 at 22:33:39:

Good points, working on look and feel now.

I’m a firm believer that “buying” sites and “selling” sites should be two very different things, and the two should never ever meet.

Here’s one of our “selling” sites.

www.everyonequalifies.com

Joe

Re: Couldn’t resist…had to take a peek. - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 13, 2001 at 11:53:03:

Maybe they do like all the people in Florida. They use the garage for a big storage area like a basement and they park in the driveway. Seems pretty ridculous to me.

Re: treehuggers? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 13, 2001 at 11:55:25:

Some neighbors of mine built a giant screened porch around 2 large trees. The porch had built-in holes in the roof so that the trees could extend out the top. It looked very cool. That was until one of the trees fell and totally destroyed the porch. Then the idea looked pretty stupid.

Re: treehuggers? - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 13, 2001 at 10:26:17:

Wow - that’s pretty amazing. Heck I like trees - possibly even more than the next guy - but this is a bit much!

We once had a tree growing INSIDE a property we listed (dirt floor basement) … but it was small atleast and easily removed.

Murder house, eh?? Man, you must be the KING of finding motivated sellers!! (they’re either dead, dying or trying to escape the trees!) LOL

RL

Re: treehuggers? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on February 12, 2001 at 23:12:51:

Hmmm??? Maybe you could take the murder house and LEASE it out to a bunch of different Hollywood film writers for movie rights to film on location? :wink:

Feature film shot on location:

The Randall’s axe it up good this time!

The Randall’s axe it up good this time part 2!

Part 3

Part 4

Part 6

Move over friday the 13th, the Randall’s have arrived!!! LOL

Re: Separate Sites - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 13, 2001 at 14:48:52:

I’ve always thought the buying and selling sites should be separate, too. My buying site doesn’t mention homes for sale, and my selling sites are stand alone.

Stacy