Investors Need Luck Right? (long) - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by Carrie on September 16, 2003 at 21:05:41:

Nice Post Scott!
I printed it out. Gonna hang on my fridge!
Thanks ~ Carrie

Investors Need Luck Right? (long) - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on September 16, 2003 at 20:07:03:

Hi all,

Lately I have had several folks Email me explaining to me why Investing in mobile homes to use as a long-term investment is nothing more than luck. Being in the right market at the right time. I disagreed and tried to convince them that man makes his own luck by working towards whatever outcome you desire. I have also had individuals who have told me how you can?t get ahead now a days your either a have or a have not.

The worker who goes home each night to the couch a few brews and the TV will reap his harvest a beer gut and TV guide like knowledge of the nightly programs. The person who works during the day on a JOB, to fund his own side business, will eventually be much more successful if they stay the course. It may take awhile it may be hard but one day his/her peers will surely say he/she was lucky, in the right place at the right time. Their peers will be totally unaware that he/she put in Long hours day after day night after night. That doesn?t matter to them though because they live for the moment. They go out and buy a big screen TV on credit because life is short, you only live once and several other catch phrases of the gotta have it now crowd.

These same peers will tell you how crazy you are for being a ?slumlord? or look at you like you are stupid when you try to tell them about a ?Lonnie? deal. When that glorious day arrives when your job income is matched from your properties income they will begin to explain to you how you were lucky. They will tell you in this market you can?t find deals like that anymore. Nothing you can say will change their mind. You see they are hard core Democrats who believe a good living is owed to you from the government and that all rich people are evil greedy people who should share there wealth. Unfortunately your old ?friends? will no longer want to be around you because you are one of the ?lucky ones?.

I want to tell a story about my views on luck.

One-day a wise farmer?s best horse ran away. The farmer?s neighbor said, ?Your best horse ran away. You won?t be able to harvest your crops. What bad luck!?
The wise farmer said,?Good luck, bad luck, who can say?? The next day, the farmer?s horse returned bringing with it thirty wild stallions and immediately transforming the farmer into a wealthy man.
The farmer?s neighbor said ?thirty wild stallions! What good luck you have!? The wise farmer replied, ?Good luck, bad luck, who can say??
The next day, the farmers son was training the most beautiful of the stallions when he fell off and broke his leg.
The farmer?s neighbor said, ?Your son has broken his leg. Now you have no one to help you harvest your crops. What bad luck you have!?
The wise farmer said, ?Good luck, bad luck, who can say?? The next day, the military came and conscripted all of the town?s able-bodied young men to fight in the war.

I believe luck is made the farmer took life?s punches and held on, rode out the storm so to speak. That is what makes one man lucky and another a quitter. Folks if you are determined the deals are there. Will they knock on your door while your in front of the TV with a beer and chips, of course not. If you get out and work this business with a never give up attitude like the farmer the deals will fall into place. You must keep striving for your next deal. We must also keep an open mind don?t except everything, if someone tells you something doesn?t work or its to much work, don?t repeat it as fact. I hope this helps some of you. Take Care ScottS(NC)

Re: Investors Need Luck Right? (long) - Posted by Rush Limbaugh

Posted by Rush Limbaugh on September 17, 2003 at 18:57:02:

I’m so proud of you for cracking on the Demacrats, I’m going to sit my fat butt down and smoke a Cuban cigar.

Great post Scott .You’ve got your head on straight - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on September 16, 2003 at 21:26:26:

Luck is when prespiration meets preparation.

The advice you get in life will depend upon who you surround yourself with. If you spend your time with folks who make an art-form out relaxing in front of the TV with a beer, then you know they are fully qualified to teach you how to be like themselves.

Napoleon Hill taught us to be careful who we discuss our financial plans with. Surround yourself with the likes of folks on this board and you will become like them (many are rich and successful), others are on their way. Noone here will tell you luck is something that just happens by chance. We have learned how to make luck favor us through hard work, thrift, and constantly studying the ways of the successful people that we would like emulate.

We have learned how to win the favor of the goddess of good luck. Gee, I’ve read The Richest Man In Babylon so many times I am even starting to sound like its author.

Regards, doc