Investors - Posted by Robert (SD)

Posted by Robert (SD) on October 22, 2000 at 16:39:14:

Thanks!

Investors - Posted by Robert (SD)

Posted by Robert (SD) on October 22, 2000 at 03:31:39:

Hey,

I’m a newbie and am looking to start flipping ASAP. I’m waiting for a course that I just bought. The question I have is, do any of you go keep going to the same investors with deals or do you know of people who do that? There are a few ads for “we buy houses” in my local paper and I wonder if I should ask them if I can keep coming to them with deals, etc? Errr, hope that was clear enough. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Re: Investors - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on October 22, 2000 at 08:29:20:

Robert,
It would be a good idea to see what they are all about. I would call each one and see what their criteria for buying homes are.

You may find that many of them will be doing the same thing as you. Trying to flip to other investors. If thats the case I wouldn’t bother with any of them. Now, if you find someone that can buy with cash or is a rehabber you may have a good contact.

One way to attrack buyers is to advertise a home you have under contract. If this makes you nervous and you feel that you would like to have your buyers in place before you put that property under contract. Run a dummy ad to attrack buyers for your list, Something like; Wholesale homes that need repair, cheap, you fix them, call for details 555-5555.

I have found it is easier to sell to people that call from my ad. I think you will find that the Investors from the I buy homes ads have a stiffer criteria for buying.

Once they call, tell them all your homes go as fast as you find them because you sell them cheap. Then ask them if they would be interested in looking at the next properties that you pick up. While you are talking to them you need to find out how serious they are what they are looking for. This way you will know what the needs of your buyers are before you make any offers.

It is best to have a varity of buyers I wouldn’t depend on just one investor.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Mark