Is divorcing seller giving me a line of B.$. ?? - Posted by verbatim

Posted by ken in sc on August 11, 2003 at 12:05:09:

Have you checked comps really well? It seems that the value of this house has more than doubled in six years? Might not be as much equity as you think.

You need good legal advice as to the other. Talk to a local attorney who understand RE and divorce. You might ask John on the legal board here as well.

Ken

Is divorcing seller giving me a line of B.$. ?? - Posted by verbatim

Posted by verbatim on August 11, 2003 at 11:32:06:

Seller says she HAS to sell home before the divorce is finalized. I’ve read of others taking the homes of divorcees sub to so I know they do not HAVE to sell it but I dont know how to possibly change her way of thinking.

It’s in her name only but he’s the 1 living in it now. She listed for 335k 5 months ago & just dropped it to 310 recently. I said “if i can close in 10 days all cash, what would be the lowest offer you would take?” ‘I just want to net 100k she says’ loan bal is 129k [bought for 140k 6 years ago] & she says home ‘needs 15k to make immaculate.’

310-129-100-15=66K equity if it would sell for that. She’s offering to sell at 79% of present listing price.

How would you alter/structure the deal & negotiate with the seller to make it attractive for you?

And how do i get around this HAVE to sell line?

Re: divorcing seller - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 11, 2003 at 12:26:29:

I think you are accepting this woman’s opinion on all the relevant issues. Why?

I’d take Ken’s advice.

How are you going to make the repairs when the husband refuses entry during the two years that he is contesting and living there for free?