Is it just me? - Posted by matt(GA)

Posted by Icetime(IN) on March 20, 2001 at 14:36:10:

Yvonne, you’re new at this right?!? A 1980 Mobile home usually sells here in our area for between $3,000 and $13,000. The $13,000 is usually rare and considered very high. Of course this is just the Mobile w/o any land. Most are purchased in a Park which is owned by someone else and therefor the cost of land is not an issue.

Is it just me? - Posted by matt(GA)

Posted by matt(GA) on March 17, 2001 at 18:03:55:

Hi. Saw a mh today for sale and called to get the info on it and was amazed. This was a 14x70 singlewide, 1980, in descent shape. Had a little porch built on and sat on about a 3/4 acre lot. The guy said he wanted 35,000 for it. It was all I could do not to say HUH? Just wondering, is it just me or is this a bit outrageous? Its a low income area in a so so neighborhood, do people really sell these things for this much?

Re: Is it just me? - Posted by Bill Spencer

Posted by Bill Spencer on March 18, 2001 at 18:49:46:

Matt, This person is just trying to get a great deal for himself. You’ll find it all the time. Just pass asn move on to another deal. You may also find that if you offer a really low price they just might take it.

Re: Is it just me? - Posted by Ron_KS

Posted by Ron_KS on March 17, 2001 at 20:51:27:

Just read your post and really don’t know the answer to your question. I guess it depends upon the market and in Georgia, as I understand it, you are in the mobile home capitol of the country. 3/4 acre lot with a 21 year old mobile home doesn’t really impress me, particularily at $35,000.

Matt, I don’t know what land sell’s for in Georgia but I believe the mobile home would be worth no more than maybe $2,500 to $3,000. Assuming you bought the mobile home for $3,000.00, that mean’s you’re paying $32,000.00 for less than an acre of land. I would really have to pass on a deal like that, unless there is oil just beneath the mobile home.

Anyway, that’s my .02 cents worth, wishing you good luck,

Ron_KS

Way outrageous (nt) - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on March 17, 2001 at 20:12:47:

Re: Is it just me? - Posted by Yvonne

Posted by Yvonne on March 20, 2001 at 12:48:24:

What price were you expecting to pay? You can’t get something for nothing. Do your research and discover that there is this thing called inflation.