IS IT POSSIBLE???????????????? - Posted by Anthony

Posted by roger on September 19, 2003 at 23:39:00:

i knew a girl in dallas, her father died around 84 or85 left her 6 rentals owned out right, at 18 she sold 3 and bought a apartment complex,so age has nothing to do with it,if you are over 18

IS IT POSSIBLE??? - Posted by Anthony

Posted by Anthony on September 19, 2003 at 10:33:58:

Hi, I’m a 20yr old guy who wants to start investing in rental properties. I was wondering if it would seem strange being a landlord at the age of 20. If theres is anyone who started landlording at a young age could help me I would appreciate it. THANK YOU.

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??? - Posted by ken

Posted by ken on September 21, 2003 at 19:33:02:

I started at 20. It was the family business so i had support but i worked 80 hour work weeks.I was partners with my dad and did maintenance on all the properties.That was beneficial sometimes i still teach my employees how to do repairs.My 15 year old stepson wants to own 1 on his own at an age that is younger than when i started

Yes - Posted by Carrie

Posted by Carrie on September 19, 2003 at 13:47:35:

Hi Anthony,
I am a 19 year old female and I bought two houses in May. I am now a landlady. :slight_smile: My tenant is old enough to be my grandmother so it was kinda weird at first but now its just business. Age really doesn’t have much to do with it unless you aren’t 18 yet and can’t be held legally responsible. You need to be confident and KNOW this business and you will be taken seriously.
Best Wishes,
Carrie ~ PA

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??? - Posted by Darin

Posted by Darin on September 19, 2003 at 11:16:44:

What’s age got to do with it? Some 20 year olds look like 30 year olds. Are you concerned about how people will perceive you? Shake it off. The real question is, do you believe you can do it? Can you visualize yourself carrying on the day to day activities of a landlord like locating deals, screening tenants, meeting with bankers, collecting late rent, and so on? If you are confident in your inter-personal abilities, problem solving skills, have a can-do attitude, and can act as a professional, age is irrelevant. Some people won’t take you seriously, so you’ll have to move on to someone who will.

Looking through the success stories on this site, you’ll see quite a few who have made it in their early 20’s. Spend enough time on this board and you’ll also find 50 year olds who have never done a deal because they are paralyzed by their own fears, real or imagined. Anyone with a white-hot desire to succeed won’t focus on what they lack, but will use the strenghths they have, acquire what they need and improvise the rest. It all starts with desire and a rock-solid belief in yourself. Go for it

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??? - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on September 19, 2003 at 11:11:16:

Anthony, Read the articles of new folks like yourself in the experience of buying and selling properties. There are several young folks in fact your than you who have bought homes. At www.creonline.com in the experiences section.