Is it worth it? - Posted by J. Moor

Posted by wm-pa on July 17, 2002 at 15:27:40:

Click on the “main message board” to the left of this page and then start looking around. You will
find EVERYTHING you need to know about creative real estate buying right here. Search the archives for what intrests you and there are hundreds of posts from beginners to experts. Save your
money and use it for your real estate business!
wm-pa

Is it worth it? - Posted by J. Moor

Posted by J. Moor on July 17, 2002 at 01:05:12:

I would like to hear from some of you who have had experience with Carlton Sheets System for REI. I have been considering purchasing his system for quite a long while now. I am really feeling serious about it now. However, I live in New York where RE is hard to come by so, if I am going to do this I’ll probably need to focus outside of New York to start maybe even many states away from where I am currently living. Are there any compelling reasons for me not to take the plunge given my situation or are these factors irrelevant? Is Carlton Sheets System to be trusted? Are there any of you out there that now regret having bought into his system? If so, why? Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Is it worth it? - Posted by Buck

Posted by Buck on July 19, 2002 at 20:00:43:

J, I have CS No Money Down and swear by it. I think it is great, but that’s not to say YOU need to rush out to get it.

Have you spent time reading the articles on this site? I have and I find about six different strategies of real estate investment here.

In all due respect for fine people that disagree with my opinion of this site, I believe this is a fantastic site with a great deal of information, but I don’t see the site as a complete real-estate course. But I do see it as a valuable place to help you pick a strategy of investing that you want to use in your investing.

My suggestion is to read as many of the articles as you can here on this site. Pick a method you would like to use and try to buy the course that directly addresses that specialization.

Carlton Sheets focusses on buying and renting single family homes, but he briefly addresses many other strategies. If you can only afford his course, and not the ones offered here, you won’t go wrong with his course. With what you learn from him, and what you can learn from here, you should be able to put together everything you need to use any strategy taught here on this site.

If, for example you want to study flipping, and the courses on flipping at this site are affordable, I would recommend you buy that. If CS is 1/3 the price and that’s what you can afford, CS will provide the necessary material and this site will give you more specifics about flipping.

I am using what I learned from CS and adding what I am reading on this site to develop my strategy for investing. Later, when I am more prosperous, I will purchase one or more courses on the specialty I focus on or want to learn more about.

Good luck

Buck

Re: Is it worth it? - Posted by Shawn J. Dostie

Posted by Shawn J. Dostie on July 17, 2002 at 20:58:23:

It gives you a great basis for learning about RE investing, especially creatively. I have purchased 3 personal residences, 2 duplexes, a triplex, 2 SFR’s, a used car operation including the real estate and a MH and until the last transaction never paid more than $350.00 cash out of pocket. The last one took approx. $3,000.00 out of my savings (3 props) and I was NOT happy… but in 20 years they will be paid for and I have a good positive cash flow. It works. Period. Research this site and absorb all you can.

Good Luck,
Shawn(OH)

P.S. I would think in big bad NYC there are more people having RE difficulties than there are houses sold in my little town. Don’t believe for an instant that there isn’t a property within 10 miles of you that can be had under market or be purchased creatively.