JAMES STRANGE, PLEASE RESPOND! - Posted by Sharon

Posted by James Strange on August 29, 2003 at 04:21:39:

Sharon,

My situation is different than most folks in the business. My “day” is as a very well compensated consultant so I don’t seek out a lot of mortgage business. Most comes to me.

So I will bounce some ideas off of you and you can try find what works for you.

Word of mouth will always be your best or worst advertising. If you put someone in a house who was turned down by others that will bring you business. But how do you get the first one in a house.

Try calling some of the agents who work in th blue collar areas. Ask if they have customers who almost qualify. Work with them and find a program that will work. Soon that agent will be bringing you loans.

Another idea write up a flyer and distibute to FSBO sellers in your area. Give each one a few flyers then when people look at the house have them give out your flyer.

I hope that these things help.

James

JAMES STRANGE, PLEASE RESPOND! - Posted by Sharon

Posted by Sharon on August 28, 2003 at 21:36:23:

Hi James,

I’m a newbie Loan Originator(commission only) who is trying to specialize in helping subprime borrowers get financing to buy a home and/or refinance.

What’s the best way to find subprime borrowers besides putting a local ad in the newspaper? Do you have any tips and networking advice?

Thanks for responding.

Sharon

Re: JAMES STRANGE, PLEASE RESPOND! - Posted by Laura

Posted by Laura on August 31, 2003 at 13:42:46:

Hey there. I am a subprime borrower with a challenge 4 ya! contact me. I am shopping for a broker.