Joe C. - Posted by M

Posted by M on March 20, 2001 at 07:42:43:

Thanks Joe C. I had better get busy!

Joe C. - Posted by M

Posted by M on March 19, 2001 at 22:19:47:

What are the requirements for Arkansas and where are you located?

Re: Joe C. - Posted by Joe C.

Posted by Joe C. on March 20, 2001 at 24:28:15:

I think you mean dealer requirements, right? If not, let me know.

Dealer requirements are administered by the Arkansas Manufactured Housing Commission. The requirements for a MH Dealer’s license are somewhat restrictive. A sales lot is required (I claim my MH Park is my lot),
an office with all utilities and a public restroom, a business phone, a street sign, and certification by the commission that you are a “qualified” installer.
In lieu of the qualified installer certification, you can contract with one or more certified installers in the state to do any installations you might have.
There is an up front $1000 application fee and subsequent $250 annual renewal fee. There is also an up front one time $1000 deposit made to a consumer protection fund. If you have no claims against you the deposit is refunded approximately 2 years after you cease doing business as a dealer. If you have a claim against you the Commission will hold a hearing. If they decide you are liable to a consumer, the payoff comes frome the fund. If you don’t reimburse the fund within a specified time, they pull your license.

The Commission publishes a book with the requirements that is free for the asking. Their phone number in Little Rock is 501 324-9032. Ask for Tasha, she handles the licensing.

I am located in Little Rock and have a license. If the requirements present a problem for you, maybe we can work out an arrangement that could work for both of us.

Joe C.