John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by dogpound

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 04, 2003 at 06:46:33:

-- RESPONSE RON STARR -----
Michael Lardarno---------------

I will gladly help you.

The telemarketing firm takes orders at www.johnbeck.tv website. I do not know their 800 number, however, I would assume that you can find it at that website.

Also, it is possible to order directly from John Beck and Joyce Beck, his wife. To do that, you can access his personal website at www.johnbeck.net . John charges $40 plus $10 for shipping and handling, a total of $50. If you are a California Resident, it is possible that you will have to pay 8.25% California sales tax. I’m not sure of that, but I’m sure they will mention it at the website if you do.

I have had good success buying properties at tax sales and wish you well learning about them.

Good Investing*************Ron Starr*****************

John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by dogpound

Posted by dogpound on October 25, 2002 at 13:26:36:

Have anyone seen John Beck Real Estate System on the informercial lately? Is it really possible to buy a house 3.3 cents on a dollar?

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on October 25, 2002 at 22:52:32:

Dogpound-----------------

My favored investment approach is buying properties on tax sales. And I have a little bit of experience investing in tax certificates, although I have not yet converted any of them into deeds. However, I probably will in the next few months.

I can believe that it is possible to get a few properties for 3.3 cents on the dollar. But that is going to be an extreme case. Think more of about 15 to 30 cents on the dollar. And it is not as easy as falling off a log. But it is definately possible to get very good deals with tax sales and tax certificates.

Different states have different laws about their tax sales and tax lien investing. John Beck’s “Free and Clear” system discussses the systems in every state and territory of the USA and the Canadian provinces. For the price, it is an incredible resource. If you were really serious about delinquent property tax prooperty investing, I would greatly recommend the course. I have a copy of it myself. Two, actually, an eary version and the current version.

Now, understand that probably fewer than one out of a thousand of the real good properties with delinquent taxes can be gotten for the back taxes. You are going to have to study up on the topic. And you are going to have to expend a lot of effort to get good properties free and clear. But it can be done if you have persistent and are willing to really put out the effort. Notice that John Beck does not claim that you have exciting times and fun while making the money. Maybe making the money is reward enough for you?

Undestand that most tax delinquent properties–probably over 90% are vacant land and vacant lots. So, if you are interested in acquiring improved properties, you immediately have to do a sort through the delinquent property tax properties to find the few that are improved. Then there are other things to look out for, which John details in his materials, to find the properties most likely to be gotten through this process. So, there is a lot of tedious effort before you will be getting a property, probably. One good thing though. When you “lose”–you do not get a property–you can still get an interest rate or penalty return on your investment. Perhaps a very generous return, like 12% to 18% a year. Loser situations like that are not too hard to take, are they? What rate does the local bank pay for your deposits these days? I’ll bet less than 10%–a whole lot less.

Also understand that those houses he shows in the infomercial, while acquired with the tax lien processes, may not have been as good looking when the owners acquired them as when John took the pictures. They may or may not have been so good looking–I do not know. From my experience with tax sale investing, I suggest that most of the houses probably looked like dumps when they were acquired and that they were probably fixed up, at some considerable expense, by the owners subsequent to their acquisition. Remember, this is a guess, not a fact.

So, yes there is substance to the claims. But it is not as easy at it seems on the TV infomercial.

Good InvestingRon Starr********

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by Jackie

Posted by Jackie on October 25, 2002 at 14:10:13:

Sure, and I’ve got a bridge I want to sell you in Brooklyn.

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by Joy Taylor

Posted by Joy Taylor on August 07, 2003 at 09:51:47:

I’m looking for help. I got the “Free and Clear” books/CD’s, but I’m trying to find out how can I get a hold of tax sales list in the area I live in (or the sorounding area) - Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.
Should I write to the Sheriff Office? and if so, what should I ask for?

Thanks,
Joy

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by Michael Lardarno

Posted by Michael Lardarno on August 03, 2003 at 23:11:49:

Please help me find an eight hundred phone number
to order the john beck system. The price is 39.99
plus s/h. About $52.00 total. This group operates
out of van nuys, CA.

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by Jeb Bush

Posted by Jeb Bush on May 30, 2003 at 01:16:09:

Let’s all go to John Beck’s house and kick his ass. I have 12 listings for him. Lets do it

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by Justin Davenport

Posted by Justin Davenport on October 31, 2002 at 12:34:47:

How long does it take to flip the deal from your tax lien to an actuall deed? does it really take 3 years?

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by lisa

Posted by lisa on November 07, 2002 at 20:31:57:

What experience did you have in this system that appears to have been so bad? How did the deal go wrong? Was it the certificate or the property that had a problem? Please let me know your story as I am interested in this method.

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 07, 2003 at 10:13:00:

Joy–(LA)---------------

Have you read your state law about the collection of delinquent property taxes? That will reveal which governmental agencies sell properties and possibly when. Then you will know who to contact.

For a short-cut, call your local treasurer or tax collector and ask. For a still faster short-cut, get on the internet and look up the web sites of local tax collector or treasurer offices and see what they say. Or, for that matter, any parish government’s website that describes the process for LA.

Good InvestingRon Starr*******

Re: John Beck Real Estate System - Posted by amy wiseman

Posted by amy wiseman on May 31, 2006 at 18:26:20:

i want to know after i put the money on my card how loing will it take to arrive?