John Beck Tax Lien Course - Posted by Marci

Posted by Marci on January 31, 2002 at 20:19:57:

Thanks Ron for your information. I understand the real estate market and the different ways of investing. But being a skeptic, it sounded too easy to be true. But the good thing is that I can always get good feedback here.

John Beck Tax Lien Course - Posted by Marci

Posted by Marci on January 28, 2002 at 08:19:09:

I saw an infomercial on TV and was wondering if anyone has purchased it and does it work. I don’t want to send money on something that does not work.

Re: John Beck Tax Lien Course - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 29, 2002 at 23:04:35:

Marci---------------

Yes. But don’t let the infomercial fool you.

I buy properties on tax sales.

There are two investment approaches. One is to invest in tax liens/certificates for the interest rate return or penalty return. This is pretty simple and John Beck explains how to do it. You could start right away after reading his materials, in my opinion.

The other way is to attempt to buy properties for a cheap price, either with tax liens/certificates or by buying at tax sales. This involves evaluating a property before buying. It also requires a plan for converting any purchases into money or holding for investment. Thus, it is not, in my opinion, very suitable for a rank novice.

Recall that over 90% of properties that will sell on a tax sale will be vacant land or lots. You will have to evaluate the value and usability of the properties. You will need to check for quality of title, possible title insurance restrictions, maybe having to do a quiet title lawsuit to deliver good title to your buyer. You will want to know that the property is good, since a lot of the properties that go to tax sale are bad. That is why the owners do not pay the taxes any more.

If you buy improved properties, then you have to be able to evaluate the buildings/structures as to condition and value, usually without being able to see the inside.

You can learn to do these things; none of us are born knowing how to do them. However, you will have to put out effort to understand what is happening. Those who have previous experience with real estate investing and buildings are the ideal people for investing in foreclosure properties. Beginners? I suggest not. I suggest starting with more traditional investing where you have some safety first: escrows, seller’s disclosures, inspections, title insurance, appraisals of value, etc. Then, when you are comfortable with real estate investing, switch over to foreclosure buying, if you feel like it. Tax sales are just one type of foreclosure purchase.

Now, the course is very good for the price you pay. A tremendous value. But, of course, if you don’t use it, it was not worth the money.

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Re: John Beck Tax Lien Course - Posted by K MCDONALD

Posted by K MCDONALD on January 28, 2002 at 08:33:07:

if you decide to purchase the course i would opt for the rush delevary other wise it will take 2-4 weeks to get it