John Reed's Books- Reviews - Posted by Gambit NC

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on February 01, 2002 at 15:08:13:

Bob----------

In a way I agree with you. I hestiated about renewing it. But I did.

He does have materials about subjects before other people get to them. And when he digs into something, he can clarify what the situation really is. He also sometimes talks about deals that make sense, which can give a person an idea about what to attempt to do. This is would be better for the beginning investors. I suspect you are a more advanced person who does not need that part of it.

Good InvestingRon Starr

John Reed’s Books- Reviews - Posted by Gambit NC

Posted by Gambit NC on January 31, 2002 at 18:54:23:

Has anyone here read any of John Reed’s books on RE Investing?

He does not positively review many other guru’s courses and books, and to an extent I agree. Has anyone read his books, are they any good? I am very interested in reading them, but they are not in my library so I am extra careful before buying them.

Thanks!

Re: John Reed’s Books- Reviews - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 31, 2002 at 21:11:42:

Gambit–(NC)----------

I have read all of his books, except the one on offices and the new one on little money down or no money down or whatever it is.

They are good to excellent. I have several of them on my list of recommended real estate investment books. The bargain buying book is the best survey book on the topic.

No, he doesn’t like a lot of other authors. But, of the ones that I know, I agree with him. The ones he recommends are definately good. I think he is too negative on Joe Kaiser’s foreclosure book, although he is absolutely right that is a very bulked book.

Good Investing***********Ron Starr*************

Re: John Reed’s Books- Reviews - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on January 31, 2002 at 19:40:42:

His book “Aggressive Tax Avoidance for the Real Estate Investor” is very good.

Reed - Posted by Bart (FL)

Posted by Bart (FL) on January 31, 2002 at 19:12:58:

Run an archive search. It has been covered many times.

Bart (FL)

Re: John Reed’s Books- Reviews - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on February 01, 2002 at 09:41:37:

His monthly newsletter STINKS!!! What a waste of money!

Re: John Reed’s Books- Reviews - Posted by Dan O

Posted by Dan O on February 01, 2002 at 07:28:18:

Hi Ron,
I was wondering if I could get a copy of your recomended books to read, Real Estate or others. Thanks for your help!
Dan Ordoins