John T Reed-Anyone heard this name before? - Posted by richardbates

Posted by investorrob on July 14, 2003 at 23:18:26:

LOL has not invested for 10 years. Almost lost 2 apartment buildings and now has a new investing book he would like for you to buy-----go figure bet he has some great tips in that book huh???

Plus he has a ton of time to spend getting his case ready againt the in-famous guru that is draging him into court. Hmmmm sounds like someone I would take advise from. NOT!!

Now let me say John has a very very few words on his website about investing that might help a newbie. And A very few Guru’s do earn what he has stated----Most do not. His website taken in its entirety is a disservice to investing. Leaving new wantabe investors with a feeling after reading some of those reports of— Now where do I go and not throw my money away.

Creonline is the place newbies can get that help. And JP does her best to screen and put up the best of courses.

Just the way I view his web site

Investorrob

John T Reed-Anyone heard this name before? - Posted by richardbates

Posted by richardbates on July 13, 2003 at 21:34:54:

Anyone heard this name before ? if so please give opinions…

Like hot, stinking water in the desert. - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on July 14, 2003 at 12:01:51:

I like John Reed and read his stuff all the time. He is the only one with guts enough to slam the scams.

Having said that, he is also too negative. He commits the same sins he accuses others of, a lot of his opinions are based on hearsay and speculation. He sneers at people for not living up to standards no one can live up to, including John Reed, Harvard, West Point and the Marine Corps. If he applied the same standards to them that he does to gurus who teach weekend seminars they would get a negative rating too.

Re: John T Reed-Anyone heard this name before? - Posted by Jerry Martin NC

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on July 14, 2003 at 05:32:57:

Mr. Reed wanted a list of properties that I have bought using the Carleton Sheets course. I don’t send lists to anyone and told him to come to Winston-Salem and I would personally take him to the properties. I did not hear any more out of him. So much for Mr. Reed.

John Reed is great - Posted by Kyle

Posted by Kyle on July 13, 2003 at 22:40:06:

I would say 9 out of 10 of these real estate gurus are scam artists and aren’t offering anything of value. It’s good that someone like John Reed is at least trying to offer up some negative feedback on them. No one else is doing so because many are making money off the who real estate investor market right now.

People I know who are very successful in real estate are doing so by finding great deals and working hard, not by selling expensive videos and tapes to newbie investors. It’s kind of like why business professorsare broke and teach and successful businesspeople are out there doing and making money.

Re: John T Reed-Anyone heard this name before? - Posted by richardbates

Posted by richardbates on July 13, 2003 at 22:36:50:

Thanks for the info…I’m new to the site and did not check archives.

Re: John T Reed-Anyone heard this name before? - Posted by dell-ohio

Posted by dell-ohio on July 13, 2003 at 22:15:18:

I discovered this site when we first started doing real estate almost full time in Jan. All the people who had provided my inspiration and strategies somehow were shysters according to the Gospel of Jack Reed.

The only problem was I did not find one good idea, not one great strategy and not one word of inspiration on his site. I quickly realized if I spend too much time here I will become so depressed that I will never invest in real estate.

Then I remembered the principle “If you want to do something and do it well, ask the people who are doing it, not the people who say it can’t be done”. If you want to become rich, dont ask how from the person who is poor, ask the rich, if you want to be a musician, ask a musician-not a person who cant ---- you get the idea ask the person who is doing it, never the person who gives you the one hundred good reasons why it cant be done, find the person who knows one good way of HOW it CAN be done.

Well I followed the strategies I learned from Robert Allen, Robert Shemin, Carlton, Sheets, Charles Givens, Peter Conti and others. Since Janurary I have purchased 12 properties at least 20% below FMV all with none of my own money down.

I am having more fun than I have had in the last twenty years, more fun than any of the other business I have started or run and it has been much more profitable.

If John T. Reed would judge himself by the same standards he judges all the other “gurus” he would rank at the bottom of the list.

If you want to get a lot of other creative real estate investors opinions just type in john reed in the archive button at the top of the board and you will have enough interesting points of view to read for days.

Happy Investing,

dell-ohio

Re: John T Reed- - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 13, 2003 at 21:56:08:

Check the archives. There have been hundreds and hundreds of discussions about Reed over the last few years.

Re: John Reed is great - Posted by Shawn J. Dostie

Posted by Shawn J. Dostie on July 14, 2003 at 16:35:03:

They are no more scam artists than Zig Ziglar or Tony Robbins. What they do, is give you an opportunity to think for yourself, to break out of the mold of the working class, and the basic knowledge to build wealth. Can everybody do it with average skills, and average intelligence. Absolutely! Will everyone with those abilities do it? Absolutely not! Why? Because they don’t have the motivation, the intestinal fortitude, the indomitable will to do it. It’s much easier to gripe around the barroom, about how your life stinks, than to get up off your hard working butt and do something about it. I flunked out of the Ohio State University because I didn’t like Econ 101 and philosophy. I hung out with people who were happy with the 5 day a week grind… no responsibilities. I now own an Auto dealership that sells over 2M worth of inventory annually. I own 11 rental units and am currently deciding whether or not to close on an additional 31 units. The financing is already in order, I just need to decide whether or not to pull the trigger. All of this from watching a late night Carleton Sheets commercial. I bought it, applied myself and BOOM! Incidentally, including the Car Dealership, I have only come out of pocket to the tune of $3500.00 period. Don’t say it doesn’t work. Say it doesn’t work for you.

Good Luck,
Shawn(OH)

Using your logic… - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on July 13, 2003 at 23:21:26:

Using your logic, Reed would be a scam artist too. He hasn’t done a lot of deals and he hasn’t done any at all in at least 10 years. I’m not sure if this is true, but Joe Kaiser’s website had something about Reed buying two major apt buildings in TX that went so bad he had to deed them back to the lenders in lieu of foreclosure. Is that the kind of person you want to take advice from?

9 out of 10 are scam artists? - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on July 13, 2003 at 23:09:59:

Would you care to elaborate on that? How are they scam artists? Is it because they don’t teach you how to print legal currency out of your $200 printer?

Put it another way, let’s assume that Tiger Woods produces a home audio and video tape set, with step by step instructions on what to do and what not to do.

How many people do you think will become good golfers after watching and listening to Tiger Woods course on golf?

Let’s say a million copies of Tiger Woods educational product got sold, how many of those people will become good golfers?

Re: John T Reed-Anyone heard this name before? - Posted by jorge

Posted by jorge on July 16, 2003 at 24:41:10:

You said you have bought 12 houses without any of your money. Are you just submitting alot of low ball offers? or are they all owner financing or a mixture of that and other types of financing?
I know its a vague question. Just trying to get more Ideas. also are you buying fixer uppers? or houses that are ready to move in?

Thanks,

Jorge

Good ole Houserookie said it best… - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on July 14, 2003 at 16:44:33:

even Tiger Wood can be labeled a scam artist by incompetent golfers.