John, You posted................ - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 02, 1999 at 13:16:54:

Bud, thanks, where did you find it? Is it my computer that has scrambled things and not the board?

Thank You,

David Alexander

John, You posted… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 01, 1999 at 01:47:26:

Why Invest in Paper, awhile back. Although, I printed it out, I must confess, I’ve lost it and the board has scrambled your old post to oblivion. If there is anyway possible if it is handy, that could you repost it? I’m writing marketing material to get Private Investors and think some of the content would help me.

Thanks,

David Alexander

Which Post? - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on April 01, 1999 at 13:47:28:

I don’t save all my posts. I think you might be referring to an article I posted titled “Wake Up World”. I’ll look for that and re-post, but if it is another you want, let me know.

This Post? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on April 01, 1999 at 17:37:55:

WAKE UP WORLD!

There’s a world of opportunity waiting for each of us. In the last few years more real estate paper has been created than ever before. The same circumstances that created a flood of new paper (a tight financing market) have also let loose a torrent of new ideas about paper.

Old concepts about paper need to be re-examined and new ones must be given credibility. Paper has taken on new dimensions. The advent of the financial calculator combined with the unleashed power of creative minds has given paper a whole new spectrum of possibilities.

Paper has long been known to be a good investment. In the past it has taken the form of investors that lay back and enjoy the lucrative yields that paper has to offer (18 to 30%). At the same time, they relax under the shade of the stability and safety that exists in well selected paper. Occasionally a more aggressive investor makes his way around in the mortgage market with a grin on his face. He has found a secret! A strange new technique or idea found its way into his path, followed by profits.
Secrecy secluded these ideas from the rest of society, that only a few elite enjoyed.

Wake up! Behind that shade tree is a forest full of future financial security. Paper can be an aggressive investment. Here, let me rephrase that statement a little clearer - PAPER CAN BE AN AGGRESSIVE INVESTMENT.

Paper can be purchased in all of its security and yet be very lucrative. There are over two dozen ways to make paper more profitable - extremely profitable. Let’s look at some of the benefits of paper and why it is a desirable investment. After that, we’ll look at some of the wild and wonderful things that can be done with real estate paper.

WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT PAPER?

SAFETY - Paper can be one of the safest, most low risk investments available. It provides an investor with the unique ability of being able to analyze potential dangers before ever purchasing it.

STABILITY - The paper market is very stable and rides along with the general economy and local supply and demand. In times of high interest rates, the yield (rate of return) of paper is high also.

GOOD YIELD - The yield on paper ranges from 18 to 30 percent, without any further work or efforts to make greater profits. CASH FLOW - Most notes have payments, generally on a monthly basis, that provide a good cash flow to the owner of the note. EASY - Investment in real estate paper can be very easy and is done by small unsophisticated investors quite essfully.

EASY TO FIND - Paper is not the type of profitable investment that comes around once or twice in a lifetime. It is available and easy to find if an investor knows and cultivates the sources.

LIQUIDITY - The resale time on paper can be as little as a few hours or a few days. Resale can be at or near the same price and even at a profit.

FINANCABILITY - Paper can be financed as easily or easier than real estate. This financing can be for as much or more than the cost of the note and still have a positive cash flow (payment coming in greater than the payment going out).

TAX SHELTERED - There are several ways to totally shelter the income on real estate paper from immediate taxation.

EASY MANAGEMENT - Paper can be very easy to manage. It requires very little of the time or effort to manage as a typical real estate investment.

IMPROVABILITY - One of the greatest profit opportunities in the 1980’s and 1990’s is in the area of “improving” real estate paper. There are several dozen ways to make great profits by restructuring and improving paper.

TRADEABILITY - Paper has the distinction of having a high and low range of value. It is possible to buy a $10,000.00 note for $6,000.00 and then trade it for real estate or personal property at it’s
full “face value” of $10,000.00.

FINANCIAL NET WORTH - The difference between the face value of a note ($10,000.00) and the price it is purchased at ($6,000.00) will show as an increase in the net worth of a financial statement.

EASY MATH - The math end of discounted paper can be quite easy. Inexpensive calculators or computers can handle all of the math. EXCITING PROFITS AND USES!

Here are a few of the profitable, fun and exciting things that paper can do.

• LOWER YOUR HOUSE PAYMENT
  • IMPROVE YOUR CASH FLOW
  • BUY REAL ESTATE AT A DISCOUNT
  • ELIMINATE BALLOON PAYMENTS
  • ELIMINATE NEGATIVE CASH FLOW
  • INCREASE YOUR NET WORTH
  • PAY OFF EXISTING LOANS AT A DISCOUNT
  • OBTAIN FREE LIFE INSURANCE
  • DISCOUNT LOANS THAT WILL NOT DISCOUNT
  • BUY A NICER HOUSE - SAME PAYMENT
  • CREATE LARGE CASH FLOWS BUYING AND SELLING PROPERTY
  • OBTAIN DISCOUNTS ON CARS, PLANES, MOBILE HOMES, ETC.
  • OBTAIN CARS, PLANES, MOBILE HOMES, ETC. TOTALLY FREE
  • MAKE A PROFIT ON REAL ESTATE YOU ALREADY OWN
  • RECEIVE POSITIVE CASH FLOW RETURNS OF 40 TO 70%
  • FINANCE PAPER 100% AND HAVE A POSITIVE CASH FLOW
  • MAKE MONEY ON THE GOVERNMENT’S MONEY

These are just a few of the many things that paper can do for you. Paper can produce rates of return
in the hundreds and thousands of percent. These are some of the uses of real estate paper, but with this are many other ways to receive added profits from paper. As mentioned, there are over 2 dozen ways to improve paper.

Re: Which Post? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 01, 1999 at 15:40:18:

Actually, I thought it was titled “Why Invest in Paper”
It was an article or something of that nature. Looked to be a way to inform people of why they should Invest with you in paper. I wanted to use some of the points it listed, in a marketing piece I have written to attract private money. I looked at the post down below, where it says Why Invest in Paper, which is where I thought it was. Lo and Behold, there was someone elses post there, like I said to posting oblivion.

Thanks, anyway John.

I’ll keep searching for the copy I printed out.

David Alexander