Just finished my website-please critique :) - Posted by Joel

Posted by Tom-Ca on December 30, 2000 at 02:32:28:

Joel,
Looks nice. It needs identity.A company title and logo, Phone#s address’es. It lacks familiarity.
I hope this helps you.
Tom

Just finished my website-please critique :slight_smile: - Posted by Joel

Posted by Joel on December 30, 2000 at 02:09:56:

Hi,

If you wouldn’t mind, would you please go to www.needtosellmyhouse.com
and tell me what you think? Good, bad or indifferent.

I appreciate anyone’s time and thanks in advance. I just finished it at 1 am MST and want to get some feedback.

:slight_smile:
Joel

Additional opinion… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on December 30, 2000 at 18:46:59:

Joel,
I agree with the other comments. If you want to use a free site, you might check out Bizland. I used them for a while. They do put a banner ad on your page, but it’s much less intrusive than Homestead’s frames.

Also, I think you should explain what the Quick Close Guarantee is. The “Why Should You Call Us” didn’t make me want to call. I think it’s a good start and where you go from here depends on what your intentions are. Good investing…

Re: Just finished my website-please critique :slight_smile: - Posted by Paul NM

Posted by Paul NM on December 30, 2000 at 12:52:54:

Hi Joel,

I have a 13" monitor! I can only see the left 2/3’s of the screen (the house over to the edge of the first dormer) without having to scroll to the right.

Get on a paid site so the host’s material doesn’t eat so much of the screen. Between my browser lines at the top of the page and the hosts ads at the bottom I can only see 3 1/2" vertical inches of your page at a time.

I like the way you get right into what you can do for me (the customer).

Good Luck,

Paul NM

Re: Just finished my website-please critique :slight_smile: - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 30, 2000 at 08:21:58:

I think you are off to a good start.

In my opinion, there isn’t enough info. I would go into more detail about what you do and how you can meet the seller’s needs. You also might want to tell more about your company and you experiences. This helps build credibility.

Just my .02

Re: Just finished my website-please critique :slight_smile: - Posted by wayne (MD)

Posted by wayne (MD) on December 30, 2000 at 08:21:01:

I think the phrase “to see if I qualify” is intimidating. Perhaps “Yes, please call immediately to explain your quick settlement plan” or something along those lines might be better. I also agree with the other comments about needing a logo and identity.