Just getting started - Posted by Alan

Posted by Mark-NC on January 16, 2001 at 14:36:00:

Newbie,
I don’t know what program the above post has from legrand but the one you are talking about purchasing (the 3 for 1) has enough information to get you up and running.

If a person can’t get started with that program, they are either not ready yet, can’t comprehend it or don’t have the skills, persistance or determination to try.

I think it is a good all around program to get you started, it teaches many aspects of investing in enough detail to make it happen for you.

All the information is going to be a little overwhelming at first, just take it one step at a time and try not to use the whole program all at once. Just master one part of it at a time and know that if something else comes along you have the information available to study should you need it.

Once you comprehend the program and you become suscessful using it you may want to purchase other programs that teach other teqniques to further your knowledge.

The thing is, this business is a constant learning process and I would bet to say that many of the experianced investors have many programs sitting on their shelfs for education and reference, including the legrand one you speak of.

Most any of the programs that you buy are going to give you the guidence you need to get started but the real learning experiance comes when you get out in the trenches and start putting deals together, that’s when you really learn.

Good luck!

Mark

Just getting started - Posted by Alan

Posted by Alan on January 16, 2001 at 09:38:41:

Me and two of my friends are just getting started in the business. We decided to start of in wholesaling since it was pretty much no money down and 3 college students pretty much have no money to put down. We bought the Ron Le Grand package(you know, the one that doesn’t really tell you anything). Well so far our plan of action is to try to contact all of the rehab investors in our area to let them know we’re flippers and develop some type of repoire with them, market ourselves through postcards, business cards, signs, and newspaper ads; try to locate vacant housing in our farm area. This all seems easy enough. The part i’m having trouble with is estimating repair cost, estimating offer, and the contracts. If there’s a quick formula for repair cost and offer i’d appreciate it if someone would help me out and with the contracts…where can i get the contract i need with the seller(agreement to purchase contract?) and the contract i need with the investor(assignment contract). And after they are signed do i need to do anything else with them…how many copies should be available? And how and when do i get my money? Thanks a lot for all you help

Search Ebay for “real estate courses” NT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on January 16, 2001 at 18:49:47:

nt

Re: Just getting started - Posted by JasonTX

Posted by JasonTX on January 16, 2001 at 17:28:06:

I’ve heard that “Buy it, Fix it, Sell it” is a pretty good book. It’s only about 20 bucks too.

Re: Just getting started - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on January 16, 2001 at 12:25:07:

Dang it Alan!

I’m about where you are, although I have done one fixer and own one long term rental already. I have been researching the available courses looking for ones that are going to tell me everything I need to know - step by step. Based on what I have read here, I was all set to buy the Legrand course (3 for the price of 2!) But you are saying you felt the course did not give you all the information you needed to actually put the theory into practice??? This is disappointing, esp. considering the price tag. Can you elaborate on what you felt was missing - and can anyone else comment on this issue?

Thanks to everyone here for all the helpful information.

Re: Just getting started - Posted by R.Barr

Posted by R.Barr on January 16, 2001 at 10:53:20:

Nice to hear young men trying to start a business in real estate. You guys are on the right track. If you are needing help or more information on how to flip, just e-mail me. I would be glad to help.

Roderick

Re: Just getting started - Posted by Rick(CA)

Posted by Rick(CA) on January 17, 2001 at 01:34:37:

I beleive the Ron L. book he mentioned was just that. A book. It costs about $14. Good overview, but not a “course”. I’m sorry I don’t remember the title offhand, I lent it to a friend to read.