Just Getting Started - Posted by Mary

Posted by chris on May 15, 2006 at 13:16:53:

Have one in LA if you would send me a email I will send you his information… please make sure you tell him Chris sent you…

Scott-310-593-2235 or AMY is his assistant
310-593-2234

Just Getting Started - Posted by Mary

Posted by Mary on May 15, 2006 at 09:01:44:

Just recently started learning about real estate investment and was wondering if anyone knew of a mortgage broker in the San Francisco, CA area - or how to start networking to meet one who works with beginning investors? I really like the idea of meeting face-to-face and building a financial relationship. Thanks!

Re: Just Getting Started - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on May 15, 2006 at 14:21:46:

Mary,

Two things.

1. Are you going to investing in the metro SF area? If so assume you need a lot of cash if you want to own rentals given the price to rental income ratio you will find there. Otherwise you need to be considering investing a some distance from SF (maybe out of CA). In that case the need for a local mortgage broker is less critical. You will need one that is able to do business in the state where the property is located.

2. Have you tried any of the SF local investment groups. There are some up towards Mill Valley, over in Emeryville and in SF proper. Each one of the groups has 1 or more mortgage brokers who frequent the meetings.

I can get you in touch with one broker who also hosts one of the investor meetings. Send me an email and I will dig up her details.

Otherwise check the local papers and other places that have RE investing announcements for local events. There will also be SF Bay Area investors on this site who can point you in the right direction.

John Corey

PS. I used to live in the Richmond and have had rentals in San Jose. I shifted my focus to areas that have better cash flow.