kitchen cabinets. - Posted by ~~Beachboy-Ga.

Posted by Eli on September 24, 2004 at 24:49:21:

Elaborating on what Anne said, what if you gave them a “discount” of $2000 on the home if they take it without any cabinets. Instead of selling for $10,000 tell them you will cut them a deal if they take it for ONLY $8,000 as is. People love a bargain and if they figure they can get cabinets for less then $2,000 you might have a real hot button with them. They might forget about how much they are spending and only see how much they are “saving” Every married man on this forum can probably understand that one.

kitchen cabinets. - Posted by ~~Beachboy-Ga.

Posted by ~~Beachboy-Ga. on September 21, 2004 at 14:03:26:

I am learning alot about kitchen cabinets lately.I now know how to measure them and most anything else about them.IF and when you look at your next house to buy to rehab, if the cabinets are gone, like the one I just bought, look at another 2 to 5 thousand dollars to replace them… depending on what you want, they are rather expensive.For what I was priced on cabinets, I could buy the entire mobile home for… so keep this in the back of your mind.

Re: kitchen cabinets. - Posted by patsears

Posted by patsears on September 22, 2004 at 22:11:57:

Hello,
You should be able to replace both base & wall cabinets and counters for well under $1000 using Home Depot’s builder’s-grade unfinished Zee’s cabinetry (with you installng). If you spend any more than you are over-improving. Remember, these are mobile homes we’re talking about-not custom site-built mansions!

Re: kitchen cabinets. - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on September 22, 2004 at 20:45:12:

I sold my first MH without anything in the kitchen except new floor and appliances. The buyers loved that they could design it themselves. Everything else in the house was new (carpet, lino, furnace, HWH, entryway, etc.) and I wasn’t going to make any money if I had to put in a kitchen too.

For these buyers it worked.

Anne

Re: kitchen cabinets. - Posted by JohnP

Posted by JohnP on September 22, 2004 at 18:43:31:

Beachboy-Ga
That seems a little bit high. You should be able to do a 8x10 kitchen in a house for about $2,500.00 with counter top. This would include installation. Note we are not talking about high end. I hope this helps.

JohnP

Re: kitchen cabinets. - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on September 21, 2004 at 15:57:21:

Beachboy,

Is that for custom cabinets? My pastor bought some unfinished prefab cabinets from Home Depot to replace the ones in his d/w. I do not remember the cost but it seems they were reasonable. He varnished them and installed new counter tops and it made a big difference in the looks of the kitchen. They are not fancy but they look really nice.

Barry