KNOW A SITE THAT DOES MARKET EVALUATIONS? - Posted by Christose chelnos

Posted by Russ Sims on April 18, 1999 at 24:48:43:

I use experian.com. They will give you fully detailed descriptions of 5 properties similar to your target. In metro areas, most of these properties will be within a half mile. The cost is $10 for 5 and $1 for each additional comp.

KNOW A SITE THAT DOES MARKET EVALUATIONS? - Posted by Christose chelnos

Posted by Christose chelnos on April 16, 1999 at 10:44:01:

Thanks for answering…guys and gals

The title is basically my question. Anyone know a site(s) appart from the ol MLS network where one might be able to punch in addresses and get some kind of ball park figure (us and canada)?
Thanks guys!!
(and gals)
Chris C.

Re: KNOW A SITE THAT DOES MARKET EVALUATIONS? - Posted by MarkHOUTX

Posted by MarkHOUTX on April 16, 1999 at 21:59:11:

This is a copy of a reply I posted today for a similiar question.

It depends on which state you reside in. Some states, like Texas, don’t record (at the County Recorder’s Office)the sale price of real estate. We are what is called a “closed state” (i.e. that data is non-public).
Here in Texas, you have to get to the MLS to get “sales” data since realtors are the only ones recording sales information. Recently, I found a vendor that ties into the MLS here in Houston and can provide access to me if I join the Houston Association of Realtors as an affilitate member. In some areas, all you need to do is become an affiliate member and the Association will give you direct access, but here I have to go through this independent vendor for access after I join (can you spell more expensive!).

Try Yahoo at http://realestate.yahoo.com/realestate/homevalues/
hopefully your state will be one that they cover.

Re: KNOW A SITE THAT DOES MARKET EVALUATIONS? - Posted by Irwin(CA)

Posted by Irwin(CA) on April 16, 1999 at 18:45:31:

Try www.dataquick.com.