L/O- Aluminum - Posted by Prudy

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 10, 2000 at 15:53:53:

Purdy,
Usually it is pretty simple, if there is nothing peeling off (like a previous coat of el-cheapo paint).
ask the folks at the paint store they can usually help you to get the right kind of paint, etc. Now if you do not like to paint all that well, why not make the paint job all or part of the option consideration…
Your ad might read…PAINT FOR DOWN PAYMENT, call xxx-xxxx. Your phone should ring off the wall & out the door. Good luck…ED

L/O- Aluminum - Posted by Prudy

Posted by Prudy on March 10, 2000 at 14:36:57:

Hoping someone can give me some advise.
I have a house that is aluminum sided, but needs painting. Is this easy to do? I am planning to L/O this house. Is this painting worthwhile doing, any suggestions?

Re: L/O- Aluminum - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on March 10, 2000 at 19:40:17:

Prudy,
I believe Ed is right the best thing to do is talk to your local paint store if you are going to do it yourself. It’s been a long time since I have tackeled something like that. But if I remember right you will have to power wash it with a special detergent to get the chalking off . I also believe that there are special paints designed for the purpose of painting aluminum siding and it looks best when sprayed. This may require a paint contractor if you decide to do this. They have electro static sprayers that staticly adheres the paint to the siding virtually eliminating any overspray. Or you can use a brush and or a pad but it won’t look as good.

Good luck and have fun

Mark