L/O not an option, so... - Posted by NB(ID)`

Posted by MDonovan on April 07, 2000 at 10:46:47:

nt

L/O not an option, so… - Posted by NB(ID)`

Posted by NB(ID)` on April 06, 2000 at 19:17:07:

6-family town. Selling my house. Several people have called for info. One of our neighbors says to send some of these potential buyers her way. I’m not willing to approach her about a l/o becuz I don’t think she’d do it. She has a long-term renter that’s not willing to buy. She has talked about selling before but has never done anything about it.

I was thinking about offering to do her selling for her by using a simultaneous closing. Anybody see any other alternatives?

I do not want to make the local realtors angry as I need to work with them.

Any and all suggetions welcome–thanx.
Angels on your body:)

Forget the L, do the O - Posted by MDonovan

Posted by MDonovan on April 07, 2000 at 10:49:52:

Buy a straight option from her. There is no need to LEASE/option, especially if its already leased. With an option, you can assign it at a profit, or do a simu close.

Re: L/O not an option, so… - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on April 06, 2000 at 19:36:33:

NB,
The answer is no, I do not have any suggestions… YOU have already decided that your neighbor is not interested (your decision). You do not want to have the local Realtors angry with you, BUT you are considering offering to sell the neighbors house for her (are you a Realtor?). Like I said the answer is no, I do not have any suggestions for you. SORRY…ED

Re: Ruffled feathers… - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by NB(ID) on April 07, 2000 at 12:12:49:

I was just stating what I saw as my options. I didn’t mean to ruffle anybody’s feathers. I’m willing to buy the property and then resell it rather than try and act like a broker when I’m not one.

If someone has no constructive ideas, then why bother to answer–maybe a PMS day? Anyway, MDonovan, thank you very much for your most helpful answer.

Angels on your body:)