L/O Option Money - Posted by JVC

Posted by M.T.(CO) on December 11, 1999 at 01:05:10:

If you have a minute or two could you please explain how prepaid rent works and how you offer it to the seller. thanks
Todd

L/O Option Money - Posted by JVC

Posted by JVC on December 10, 1999 at 12:17:58:

I realize it’s preferable to L/O a home from the seller for 0 down, but what do you do if the seller insists on some money down? How far do you go??

Thanks,

JVC

How Much? - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on December 11, 1999 at 08:18:59:

How much money is in thier comfort zone? If the deal is good enough find the way to make it happen. You can always make the money+ when you do the sandwich.
Pat

Try this - Posted by John (WA)

Posted by John (WA) on December 10, 1999 at 15:39:15:

If you intend to be in a sandwich position, you are in some respects acting as a property manager. You just have more rights but offer them more benefit. You are guaranteeing them coverage of their payments and most maintenance. You will also be saving them a 7%real estate commission. Would the owners of the property be asking a deposit from a property management company? Wouldn’t the property manager demand 7% if they were to find a buyer. Show them the value you are providing in consideration of no deposit. If all else fails, go as suggested with prepaid rent.

Re: L/O Option Money - Posted by Scott-OR

Posted by Scott-OR on December 10, 1999 at 14:51:25:

When that happens to me I try one of two things.

1. I try to get them to except pre-paid rent instead.
  2. A refundable security depoist.

If that doesn’t work the deal would have to be real sweat for me to put anything down. To date I have not done so.

Scott-OR

Re: L/O Option Money - Posted by Scott_Fl

Posted by Scott_Fl on December 11, 1999 at 14:09:55:

I would like to know how pre-paid rent works also, could you please explain this. Thanks

-Scott