L/O??--Tenant screening - Posted by gwtx

Posted by gwtx on May 11, 1999 at 15:42:05:

Thanks Brad. That’s a great suggestion. I already have Joe’s course…and Claude’s course…and Merle’s course…and of course,the Bronchick course.

You might say, I am one of those diagnosed with the paralysis by analysis disease. This doesn’t apply to my wife though :slight_smile:

We just want to protect our property owner and ourselves as much as possible. That is the reason we ask if there are other suggestions from the mentor faculty.

BTW, all of these are great courses!

gary

L/O??–Tenant screening - Posted by gwtx

Posted by gwtx on May 11, 1999 at 13:52:04:

We are about to put 2 properties on the market within the few days.

Should we try to screen/qualify the prospective tenant/buyers ourselves? We have the form out of Bronchick’s course. Is that enough?

Or, should we just let a tenant screening company do it for us? Is that less of a hassle, and better use of our time?

Are there any recommendations of such a company to use?
(Dallas/Ft.Worth area)

We want to c.y.a. as much as possible.

Thanks to all on this board that contributes. W/o the input and insight of those that post, I am sure that we
(my wife and I) would have crashed and burned by now!!

Ya’ll are the greatest mentors anyone could ask for!!

gary

Thanks to all…Ya’ll are the greatest!(nt) - Posted by gwtx

Posted by gwtx on May 12, 1999 at 06:25:59:

nt
gary

Re: L/O??–Tenant screening - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 11, 1999 at 22:52:28:

Gary,

I agree with all of these posts, but Mike’s especially. I am working with a mortgage broker who qualifies my tenant/buyers for me. If he believes that he can get them financed based on their credit record and payment history, I’ll probably accept the tenant. After all, with L/O, my desire to sell a home not become a landlord.

Bottom line: I qualify properties. My mortgage broker qualifies my tenant/buyers.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

something else to try - Posted by Mike-DFW

Posted by Mike-DFW on May 11, 1999 at 21:59:33:

I have my tenant/buyers fill out an app that gives one of the mtg. co. I work with the right to check the credit reports. Most everything that I want to know is in there. My lenders do this because they will get a chance at the business.

Mike

Re: L/O??–Tenant screening - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on May 11, 1999 at 17:44:05:

You can sign up with National Tenant Network here in Dallas at 972-226-0155. They offer different levels of tenant checking.

Re: L/O??–Tenant screening - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on May 11, 1999 at 15:11:22:

Gary,

I would recommend getting Joe Kaisers’ course, "The Ultimate Lease Option System. He has a technique called, “Bingo, Bango, Bongo” that shows you how to set up a tenant qualifying system. This technique is worth the price of the whole course, alone.

The course is available from this site.

By relegating this process to an “agency”, you loose some control over the screening process. Sometimes a decision needs to be made by the guy who has to live with it.

Brad