"laws" with bandit signs - Posted by Scott (ATL)

Re: “laws” with bandit signs - Posted by Jay Compton (AL)

Posted by Jay Compton (AL) on September 21, 2003 at 23:33:22:

I am a sign user myself. Actually, not me, but I have someone that runs that part of my business for me. I tend to see myself as being a “law-abiding” investor as well. Please share with us your views on why this method, in your opinion, makes us such bad investors.

I buy houses on a weekly basis on the courthouse steps, also. Does that also make me a bad investor for taking someone’s home? I love to hear people’s theories on what I do and how I do it.

Happy Investing ya’ll,

Jay Compton
Birmingham, AL

Denial - Not just a river in Egypt - Posted by Darkside

Posted by Darkside on September 22, 2003 at 20:40:41:

Jack, let’s make this really, really simple.

You DO NOT own the signs.
You DO NOT own the land they’re on (abandoned or not).
You ARE NOT a code enforcement officer.

You ARE stealing the signs, which is a crime in every city, county and state in this wonderful nation.

You ARE NOT a law-abiding investor.

You ARE wasting people’s time with your nonsensical posts and you’re wasting the Vaughans’ bandwidth.

Please don’t preach from the gutter. There are people who visit this site and read these message boards who don’t realize how wrong you are and may in fact take what you say as truth. You’re doing them a terrible disservice and you’re just annoying everyone else with your silliness.

Take it any way you like, but the facts are the facts.

Hakuna Matata,

Darkside

The eagle doesn’t hunt flies - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on September 21, 2003 at 19:59:56:

This self-rightous hobby of yours will catch up with you one day.

Too bad when that day comes I won’t be there to laugh.

Re: “laws” with bandit signs - Posted by Darkside

Posted by Darkside on September 22, 2003 at 20:33:02:

Alright, Jack, please quote for me the law in your city/state which gives you permission to remove yard signs you personally consider offensive. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t make them illegal, and either way, it isn’t your call to make. Furthermore, it is absolutely NOT legal to steal someone else’s property. Only a duly sworn and governmentally appointed official may even touch those signs legally.

Now I know you’re as aware of this as I am, Jack. You may scare off a couple newbies who don’t know any better and take everything you say at face value, but don’t try to fool those of us who know better, please.

Theft is illegal. You cannot steal and still call yourself a law-abiding investor. Not while maintaining any degree of credibility, anyway.

Hakuna Matata,

Darkside

Re: “laws” with bandit signs - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on September 22, 2003 at 13:24:16:

I would love nothing more than to catch you removing my signs!! And by the way…the guy is right, you are not law abiding when you are stealing signs!!

Re: “laws” with bandit signs - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on September 22, 2003 at 24:09:27:

Are the signs you put out legal? If ‘yes’ then you are misunderstanding what I said, I only take illegal signs. IF ‘no’ then there is your answer.

You said “I buy houses on a weekly basis on the courthouse steps, also. Does that also make me a bad investor for taking someone’s home?” I don’t really care since it doesn’t reflect poorly upon me. But since you asked, if one presumes you buy legally it would be selfevident that you are not a bad investor.

Jack is a mjinga - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on September 22, 2003 at 22:57:57:

Hakuna Matata

Words to live by.

Re: “laws” with bandit signs - Posted by john

Posted by john on September 22, 2003 at 17:08:13:

This dude is right!

God help you if i see you removing my sign. Its ok for code enforcement to do this…but NOT YOU!

BTW, “What city are you in?”

Re: “laws” with bandit signs - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on September 22, 2003 at 13:29:37:

“Are the signs you put out legal? If ‘yes’ then you are misunderstanding what I said, I only take illegal signs. IF ‘no’ then there is your answer.”

JACK- Who do you think you are…the new sign sheriff in town? What
do you think qualifies you to determine if signs are legal or not? That is what code enforcement is for! So either you are one af those morons (likely) or just a moron running around stealing signs? Which one is it? People like you really need to GET A LIFE!! Spend less time stealing signs and more time minding your own business and making a living! One of these days the wrong person is going to see you stealing there signs and knock your head off!! What a funny thought!!

Re: “laws” with bandit signs - Posted by Jay Compton (AL)

Posted by Jay Compton (AL) on September 22, 2003 at 01:54:08:

I must apologize. I feel that I did misunderstand what you were saying. My signs are legal. My buying techniques are legal, and I understand where you stand with your argument. I, however, do not agree with your position on taking down signs that are “illegal”. I feel that is up to the proper authorities to handle.

Jay Compton
Birmingham, AL