lead paint - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 16, 2006 at 11:38:43:

I picked up the mold disclosure on the main board a few years ago, and just recently started thinking about C’ing my A a little better . . . ditto for the smoke detector form

lead paint - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 15, 2006 at 19:05:28:

how many folks here do the lead paint disclosure and “how to protect your family from lead paint exposure” pamphlet when selling?

Re: lead paint - Posted by JeffB (MI)

Posted by JeffB (MI) on May 16, 2006 at 15:44:22:

I’ve sold a number of early 70’s homes and never thought about it. Mainly because those homes seem to be all unpainted paneling, anyway. But I think I may start doing this, if for no other reason than it’s a very easy CYA move that doesn’t cost anything.

Re: lead paint - Posted by TeddyB_SC

Posted by TeddyB_SC on May 16, 2006 at 15:41:06:

I don’t use age as the factor for the following reason. Anyone with an old can of paint is able to paint a home that was built after “78”. I think once you get into the 90’s you are probably safe, but why risk it.

TeddyB_SC

I do - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on May 15, 2006 at 22:11:05:

Hi Steve,

I do it for all my MHs regardless of age. I also do a mold disclosure form and have them sign for the fire extinquisher and smoke detectors.

Anne

Re: lead paint - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on May 15, 2006 at 20:41:09:

I think the age of the home is the deciding factor. Pretty sure the requirement was for pre '78.
Lyal

Re: lead paint - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on May 15, 2006 at 20:39:38:

have only had to use it once but here is the HUD link…

http://www.hud.gov/offices/lead/disclosurerule/index.cfm

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler

Re: lead paint - Posted by JP (in PC)

Posted by JP (in PC) on May 15, 2006 at 19:09:56:

On our SFHs we did it on all of them. On the MHs I haven’t been doing it mainly because I haven’t thought about it. All of the mobiles we’ve sold have been 80’s and 90’s versions and I didn’t think that there was much lead paint being sold after '78. I suppose I should throw the pamplet in for good measure when we do the paperwork. If nothing else it’ll give them something to write on the back of when they send me a letter saying why they can’t pay the next month.

John

Re: I do - Posted by Adam (IN)

Posted by Adam (IN) on May 16, 2006 at 07:29:30:

i do exactly as Anne does including the lead based paint form even though the oldest home ive ever bought/sold was a 79’…my feeling is what’s it going to hurt? its not like its a deal killer plus anything you can do to show them your an honest person all while covering you butt is a must in my opinion

Re: I do - Posted by Michael(KCMO)

Posted by Michael(KCMO) on May 16, 2006 at 22:16:04:

I haven’t seen that mold disclosure. Do you have a link?

Thanks,
Michael(KCMO)