leaks - Posted by Janet (fl)

Posted by Janet (fl) on October 27, 2005 at 09:47:18:

Hurricanes, yup thats it and also our MH’s here go for a higher price because of the Retirees who want to come here for the warm weather. Still going to try it though, as soon as I figure how to do the interest. Length of payment and amt not difficult, but those re calcs, forget it. I had three people try to explain it, no way, and I am above average, grad top in my engineering class. Thanks for the info J

leaks - Posted by Janet (fl)

Posted by Janet (fl) on October 27, 2005 at 06:52:48:

How do you determine, other than looking, if there has been water damage in a MH? The Concern is mold, if it has been covered up or there are other obnoxious smells covering it up. Justhad a man tell me he used new screws with rubber washers on his roof, will that really fix the leak permenently or does it still need a coat of cool seal? I"m new at this, J

Re: leaks - Posted by jp(sc)

Posted by jp(sc) on October 27, 2005 at 07:18:03:

The Foremost fix-it guide says you should never put any fasteners into your metal roof. Every screw or nail put into the roof is a potential leak, even with rubber washers. It also says you shouldn’t put tires or cinder blocks up there, not matter how fashionable they are.

If the screws are already there, I would go ahead and coat them with patching compound, not kool seal. Once that cures you can go over it all with kool seal.

Re: leaks - Posted by Janet (fl)

Posted by Janet (fl) on October 27, 2005 at 07:56:09:

Thanks, I see your in SC, has the price of insurance gone up so much for older trailers that its hard to do Lonnie deals there? It is here. J

Re: leaks - Posted by jp(sc)

Posted by jp(sc) on October 27, 2005 at 08:17:30:

Nope. Is the increase due to hurricanes? I’m inland and unaffected. I don’t insure any vacant homes. It would hurt if one was destroyed by fire or whatever, but I see it as a manageable risk. My owner occupants pay for their own insurance. On landlord policies, I find the rates reasonable.