Lease option success in Houston?? - Posted by LeAnn

Posted by Parag on August 20, 2003 at 12:48:36:

Terry:

Do you know if these focus groups are all over the country? I am in NY.

Parag

Lease option success in Houston?? - Posted by LeAnn

Posted by LeAnn on August 18, 2003 at 15:38:45:

Hello Houston Investors-

Just moved here from MN and am trying to learn this Houston market as quickly as possible. I had success in doing lease options in MN, where there were many people with marginal credit looking to get a foot in the door by leasing to own. Finding sellers that were willing to lease to me was the tricky part.

I have noticed several homes in the subdivision that I now live are for sale AND/OR lease through realtors. Not common where I came from at all. From seeing this, it would lead me to believe that lease optioning would be a breeze here, UNLESS there is a shortage of tenant buyers with enough option money to put together a transaction…

Back in MN, I would have 40-50 potential TB’s to choose from per property… I had a decent retail buyers list established. Motivated sellers were more difficult to find.
It seems on the surface that the opposite may be true here in Houston. Can someone in the game shed a little insight on this? Is a L/O strategy here feasible?

Thanks,
LeAnn

Re: Lease option success in Houston?? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on August 18, 2003 at 22:18:34:

There is a focus group on L/O here at the local investment club. the club is located at www.richclub.org Look at the Focus Groups. Real nice guy helps facilitate the group.

Hope that helps…

Terry (Houston)