Legal Newspapers in OR and WA - Posted by Ryan Cook

Posted by Chris on February 26, 2000 at 17:00:16:

Ryan-

A call to the local library/law library should be able to give you the name of the legal newspaper if there is one in your area. You can also ask where the legal notices are usually placed-many times it is your normal area newspaper. If those are deadends for you a call to a local foreclosure attorney should help with a source.

-Chris

Legal Newspapers in OR and WA - Posted by Ryan Cook

Posted by Ryan Cook on February 26, 2000 at 15:25:29:

I’m just trying to get started and I was wondering if anyone knew what legal newspapers (foreclosure notices… notices of default… etc) are available for the Portland/ Vancouver area… and where I may get them…

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Re: Legal Newspapers in OR and WA - Posted by Stephen

Posted by Stephen on February 26, 2000 at 22:22:04:

Ryan:

The newspaper of choice for foreclosures in Portland is the Daily Journal of Commerce. It is published daily Mon-Fri and includes all notices of default from Washington, Multnomah, Yamhill & Clackamas Counties. It does not include any default information for Clark County. The cost of the paper is $101.00 for 6 months. Their phone number is 503-226-1311. It is an excellent publication. I do not know what paper is used for Vancouver, but the DJOC can probably tell you.

Stephen

Re: Legal Newspapers in OR and WA - Posted by Ross

Posted by Ross on February 26, 2000 at 21:35:50:

Ryan, Try the Daily Journal of Commerce. You should find it at any library. I don’t know what the lag time between the filing dates and when it’s published in the paper. Also not sure if it includes Clark county.