Legit email addies - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by TD on March 13, 2001 at 21:41:46:

Agree. I recall point out how some may take addresses like “a1000velvetelvises@aol.com” to be somewhat invalid - but that would be putting the person before the substance of their argument.

I also recall being flamed for this stance too.

Now comes the latest and greatest guru - and voila - he starts in on anyone who chooses NOT to use their given name in a post.

Curious thing is - he didn’t balk when he received a message from that e-mail address above (HR’s).

Go figure.

At this point, serious consideration ought to be given to pre-registering all posters on this board -but that means a newer, bigger, better board - and the time and expense to do it.

Given the profit margins enjoyed by the Vaughans currently - I seriously doubt it’ll happen anytime soon.

Legit email addies - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on March 13, 2001 at 10:36:07:

There has been some discussion on here lately about people not posting with a legit email address. My response is: What difference does it make? Either their point is valid or it is not? An email address does not make it more or less so.

I always post with my correct email address for 2 reasons:

1. I have gotten some very kind emails from people who have contacted me directly. So that is a net plus for me.

2. It would be “locking the barn door after the horse has escaped” for me at this point. I already get at least a dozen junk emails a day. Most of them have no legit return address or “remove” address to get me off. Sad to say but most of these have come from my participation in Creonline.
    So I can well understand why people would not to give their email out on an open board. I simply delete the junk emails but it IS a nuisance.

Mark