LeGrand's cost estimates... - Posted by MikePA

Posted by Al - So Cal on July 21, 2002 at 13:11:56:

Fix up is pretty easy. Its common sense. Normally you may paint, carpet, put new linoleum in kitchen or redo oak floors etc. Go to Home Depot and price supplies. Now you get bids on the labor portion and youre in controll.
Its cookie cutter after that. Its not brain surgery.
Go for it.

LeGrand’s cost estimates… - Posted by MikePA

Posted by MikePA on July 20, 2002 at 16:58:14:

Admittedly Ron’s the expert, but I was trying to get some feedback from some seasoned vets, are the repair estimates he talks about in his courses realistic?

Mike

Re: LeGrand’s cost estimates… - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on July 21, 2002 at 10:06:10:

He’s updated the wholesale/retail course recently.

Re: LeGrand’s cost estimates… - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on July 20, 2002 at 23:52:25:

Suggest you make your own. Go to Home Depot and price
everything.

Way off for my area )nt) - Posted by Hal Roark

Posted by Hal Roark on July 20, 2002 at 20:55:26:

nt

Re: LeGrand’s cost estimates… - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on July 20, 2002 at 17:51:38:

Mike -

I have heard Ron LeGrand speak to estimates as I have also heard a number of others. “It depends” is the best answer to your general question. It depends on your objectives, the type of deal, what your estimating, where you buy products & materials or who you pay to do the work. Like most other things, the where and the who can vary by market. Best way to find out is to do some research. Other than a trip to Home Depot, talk to investors in your area (rehabbers in particular); chances are they will have good information regarding who does what and where you can purchase materials / appliances inexpensively. Stop where you see a property being rehabbed and go talk to people. Good luck!