Lending in japanese real estate investments - Posted by Sean

Posted by James Strange on July 26, 2003 at 06:45:05:

Yes there are companies who will but the loans start at 1 mil and you have to have some cash in the deal.

Lending in japanese real estate investments - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on July 23, 2003 at 14:24:06:

Hello,

Right now i am a college student is planning to move to japan after i graduate in three years. I have learned much about real estate investing from the people of this website, plus two real estate programs i bought in the past

My goal is to invest in japanese real estate, living in japan. From my research people not born in japan have to fullfill the following requirements to recieve a loan from lenders in japan:

• be a permanent resident(which takes 5-10 years)
  • have worked for the same company for 3 years

If i were to graduate from college and stay in the States, i would easily be able to invest in real estate within a few years of working. But being a foreigner in japan would not allow me that comfort.

Being as it takes 5-10 years to recieve a loan to buy japanese real estate. I wanted to know if there is anybody out there willing to lend money for japanese investment properties in the future? If you would not be able to, do you know anyone who could?

Hard Loans, or Normal Loans would be acceptable.

Thanks for the time taken to read this message.

Sincereley,

~Sean

Re: Lending in japanese real estate investments - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on July 28, 2003 at 10:06:38:

Why not start investing now in the states? Then you can liquidate and move your investment overseas when you decide to move. Just like anywhere else, if you have the money those rules really don’t apply to you. Then again, you’ll need a lot of yens to buy properties over there.

Lee