Letters to Tenants - Posted by Liliana

Posted by Brent_IL on October 24, 2003 at 24:21:30:

Letters to Tenants - Posted by Liliana

Posted by Liliana on October 22, 2003 at 12:53:18:

Hi there,

I have a tenant who has two cars. She uses only one and she was trying to sell the other. She has not been able to sell it and the inspection is expired. I’m not sure if she has insurance on it but isn’t it illegal to keep a car w/expired inspection? I want to write a letter to her but am not sure of the right wording…Can anyone give me some input? Thanks!

Liliana

Re: Letters to Tenants - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 22, 2003 at 13:51:21:

It is legal to keep a car that is un-inspected and/or unlicensed, or where both plates and inspection stickers have expired. If she parks on public property, the cars will be towed. If she parks on private property, you are the one that will have to complain to the local authorities. Is there anything in your lease that you could use as the basis for your notice letter? If she’s selling the car, it isn’t abandoned.

Re: Letters to Tenants - Posted by roger

Posted by roger on October 22, 2003 at 19:39:34:

i live in garland tx sub of dallas i would be able to keep it on my property but in mesquite another sub of dallas you can only keep it in your driveway or on your property for 2 weeks ( i use to live there and this happened to me ) than the inspector would send you notice of code violation so call your county code dept,

Re: Letters to Tenants - Posted by Liliana

Posted by Liliana on October 22, 2003 at 14:08:39:

Thanks for the info…I don’t have anything on my lease that I could use. If its legal its ok w/me the only problem is that there is not much room for parking cars in my property, other than that I’m ok with it.

Thanks!
Liliana