LLC Name Taken - Posted by John08

Posted by David (Los Angeles) on June 07, 2006 at 22:52:26:

No, your DBA has to be uniquely yours.

Keep thinking, and come up with a better name. “Sony” was created to be a word that hadn’t existed before. Your marketing and business integrity will drive your success more than locking up some generic forgetable name like “Property Solutions”.

LLC Name Taken - Posted by John08

Posted by John08 on June 07, 2006 at 22:39:10:

Every decent name I come up with for my llc (I will use for flips and holding) is taken. Can I name it something else and then do something like dba and use the name I want as the dba. Eg. property solutions is taken in my state so, blah blah properties dba property solutions. In this scenario the only thing anyone would ever see would be property solutions. Would this work?

Thanks

Re: LLC Name Taken - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on June 08, 2006 at 05:57:39:

ebay was created from something that was not a word before. Brainstorm and be creative. I think that a name should say something about what you do. Like General Motors and General Electric. Gives you an ide what they do. It should not have your name or any part of your name. Once I saw St. Jude Investment Company. St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes. If you’re going to work in a specific region, you could use a name from that region. For example if you were going to sell no-fault insurnace you could call your self the San Andreas No Fault Insurance Company. Something like the Cascade Mountain Investors, or the Wilshire Blvd. Rebuilders.

You might want to consider 2 entities one for flipping and one for hold for tax purposes seperating short term income from long term income, so as not to confuse the dealer issue.