Posted by Jose on February 08, 2002 at 20:44:53:

Looking for Lenders in the Austin area that will
work with investors?

Thanks

Jose

Re: Loans - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on February 08, 2002 at 21:37:34:

Jose,

There is nothing wrong with looking for lenders on the Internet, Telephone book, News paper, or any media for that matter. However when looking for rehab money, investment money or financing other than conventional financing. My suggestion is that it’s time to stop letting you fingers do the walking, and get out there and look for lenders and meet people.

I don’t know what it going to take for me to tell people, that financing is the key to deal making. Even when you think you’re doing a deal with out financing, you’re wrong. A seller carry-back is a source of financing.

Jose, I know that this sounds corny, but there is a curtain amount of artistry in our business just as well as any other. Investors who are really successful in this business know how to choose lenders, work with lenders; I’ll even go so far as to say, Romance lenders. The old cliché of “you get out of something what you put into it” is true. This business is about BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS.

The best lender in Austin or any area of America for what you are trying to do, is a LOCAL PORTFOLIO LENDER. Weather it be a Hard Money lender, Small local Bank, or just a local yocal lender.

Ed Garcia

Re: Loans - Posted by Jose

Posted by Jose on February 09, 2002 at 21:02:39:

Ed Garcia;

Yes, I agree with you. I have already established
credit with a local bank, but was wondering what
other lenders there might be in Austin.

I will continue establishing credit with other local
yocals, just like you taught at your St. Louis seminar.

Thanks for the advice.

Jose

Re: Loans - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on February 10, 2002 at 01:29:15:

Jose Guerrero,

You rascal, I wouldn’t have thought this was you. Workshop #3, April 28th, 29th and 30th.

Jose, I know you have my number, any time you need some help don’t hesitate to call me. How far are you from Brownwood Texas?
Another one of your alumni Chris lives there and has been knocking them dead. Stephanie Dawkins who also attended your same workshop
is a Mortgage Broker now in Austin, and she is doing very well.

Jose, if I could be of any help to you, please don’t hesitate. You spend the dime, I’ll take the time.

Ed Garcia