Local Real Estate Investors In Northeastern PA - Posted by John Sidonis

Posted by Joann McCloskey on February 20, 2000 at 06:07:11:

Hello Wyatt!

It’s encouraging to me to see another “wannabe” investor like me in my local area! I bought the CS course and it was money well spent. You would be well advised to purchase this course. I have read, watched & listened to everything I received, in fact, I’m in the study process again for the second time. The course is jam-packed full of excellent info, especially if you know very little about REI…like me!

You want to learn as much as possible. I also went to my local library and read everything they had to offer. I got on their computer system and that’s how I found this site. One study course isn’t going to make you an instant “pro” but it’s a good start! Act like a sponge & absorb all the info you can.

You should also pick up the “Real Estate Journal” which is found in your local supermarket…a new issue comes out every month. Drive through your neighborhood & just look around at what is on the market. You’ll be pleasantly surprised. There are literally tons of places on the market in my area.

E-mail me & keep in touch.

YOU CAN DO THIS…AND SO CAN I!!!

Local Real Estate Investors In Northeastern PA - Posted by John Sidonis

Posted by John Sidonis on February 09, 2000 at 21:02:05:

I live in Mocanaqua, a small town in Northeastern PA just a few miles South of Wilkes Barre/ Scranton PA. Is there anybody out there? Anyone close with intrests in Real Estate Investing, Buying, Selling, Renting Single and Double Family homes? Mabye even an investment club or group close by. I started a few years ago I have a double block and single family house and bought fixed up and sold two houses. I’m very anxious to keep on investing.
John Sidonis
Mocanaqua PA

Re: Local Real Estate Investors In Northeastern PA - Posted by Joann McCloskey

Posted by Joann McCloskey on February 13, 2000 at 10:47:09:

Dear John,

It sounds like you are already a pro at REI! I have been checking out this board for months and you are the first post I have seen from Pa.

I live in Jersey Shore, which is a small town just a few miles West of Williamsport Pa. I bought the CS course last fall. I have a partner with cash and we have big plans for 2000!

I am new at this and have tried locating REI clubs near to my home but to no avail… I would be very interested to hear from you on how you got started and made your first deal. I believe there are abundant prospects in my area. It’s just a matter of getting that first deal underway…

Did you start by purchasing the CS course? Did you work with a broker/agent? The course is how I got interested in RE. We were going to check out the stock market but in my opinion that’s not the sure thing that REI is. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jo

Re: Local Real Estate Investors In Northeastern PA - Posted by Wyatt Troxell

Posted by Wyatt Troxell on February 18, 2000 at 23:40:30:

Hello, I am from Watsontown PA, which is real close to Jersey Shore. Maybe you could email me and we could be in contact; I am interested in buying the cs course, but don’t know that much about real estate… Am I going to need more money than 180 dollars to get started? I have a full time job that pays the bills and buys me food, and that is it? maybe we could start a partnership locally and make money together. Email me and let me know what you think. Hope to hear from you soon

Re: Local Real Estate Investors In Northeastern PA - Posted by John Sidonis

Posted by John Sidonis on February 13, 2000 at 23:07:45:

Hi JoAnn,

It’s great to hear from someone local. Jersey Shore is only an hour from my house. Other than you I worked with an Angel from Jersey Shore at Washingtonville. Who knows in a small town like that you might know her. Anyway I first started in 95 unemployed,just out of the Army I ordered the CS course late one night. I reviewed it many times unassure. Then it hit Spring 96 I bought A Double Block using the knowledge of the course and relentlessly going to 17 banks I did it. I used a broker on that one only because it was through one. One year later I bought a single family house no money down. I convinced the owners to finance me for one year then I would pay them In full. (One year is the time it usually takes for a bank to loan $ on a property.) I refinanced the house on schedule, paid the owners back, and now had a tentent paying the mortgage and putting $ in my pocket. I decided to change gears a little in 97, 98, and 99 I worked on buying cheap fixer uppers. I used my first and second property and got a home equity loan to buy more houses. I soaked some $ in them and made a nice profit. This all sounds like it was easy mabye it was? I don’t know all I know is I love doing it and I want to pick up momentum. There is alot more to it I,m just not Mr. Typewriter and can’t type as fast as I’m thinking. As far as the stock market goes I think it is also smart to sink some$ that way.
John Sidonis
Mocanaqua