Locating Pre-foreclosures? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by BaldRepublican on February 16, 2002 at 22:21:25:

In my area the local legal paper has an online edition on the web (password protected) that I use to make Word files and save in my pda. I can have the file saved, address of Lender and homeowner looked up, amount owed, postcard printed and loaded in the pda in less than a minute by keeping multiple windows open.
The number on the postcard is my cell so when they call I have the info in front of me on pda. I used to go to the courthouse and spend hours looking into the files but now even the mortgages and deeds can be seen and read online.
Ya gotta love tech.

Locating Pre-foreclosures? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on February 13, 2002 at 20:15:27:

Do court houses in large counties post Lis pendens via the internet on their website. I live in a huge county and going to our court house is a huge pain, parking, traffic, downtown all torn up due to construction, etc. Just wondering if you can access this information any other way in locating pre-foreclosures?

Re: Locating Pre-foreclosures? - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on February 13, 2002 at 21:17:45:

Jeff:
Alot of countys around the country are putting info on the web. But does yours put this type of info up???

You can also go to your local library and ask what the legal paper is for your area. Where I live the paper comes out every day Mon.-Sat. By law the pending foreclosure must be posted in a public newpaper. Most regions have these legal papers. The info is quit fresh also.

Parking is free and some hours of the day are not so busy in the Library.

My area one must pay a fee to an info source to view these on the web.

The answers to your area can be had from your county courthouse call the land title records dept. and ask.

Hope this helps

The very best of investing to you
investorrob