Lonnie Scruggs' "Making Money on Mobile Homes" - Posted by Brad Mayo

Posted by Blane (MI) on March 30, 2000 at 09:25:42:

Hi Brad,

Lonnie’s books are excellent. You can get both books here. Read Deals on Wheels first. Making Money on Mobile Homes is the followup to DOW. DOW is written for folks who have never set foot in a MH, so it’s easy to read and has humor to boot. Well worth the money.

Hope this helps,

Blane

Lonnie Scruggs’ “Making Money on Mobile Homes” - Posted by Brad Mayo

Posted by Brad Mayo on March 29, 2000 at 16:33:01:

I am just starting to gain interest in the real estate business. I figure that the mobile home deal sounds like an easy way to get started. If any one has any comments about Lonnie Scruggs’ book, “Making Money with Mobile Homes”, they would be greatly appreciated. I am also open to any other suggestions that seasoned professionals might have for a beginner.

Thanks a Million,

Brad Mayo

Re: Lonnie Scruggs’ “Making Money on Mobile Homes” - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on April 02, 2000 at 18:12:46:

Hey Brad, welcome to the world of “Lonnie Deals”. It is a topic that is very near and dear to my heart. You will find answers to many Lonnie questions on the main Newsgroup. Many experienced mobile home investors frequent that Newsgroup. They are more than happy to answer questions and walk you through deals if need be.

Best Wishes For Success in Your New Business,

Tony-VA

Re: Lonnie Scruggs’ “Making Money on Mobile Homes” - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on March 31, 2000 at 13:50:17:

I found his stuff to be good. And a good way to get started if you don’t have a lot of money. I did a few deals and they worked out pretty much as expected. The only downside for me was that the amount of time I invested in a “Lonnie deal” was about as much as I’d do on a single family house, so my “hourly rate” (my net return for a deal divided by houw many hours I had in it) was lower. That aside, you can get started on a shoestring and not have a lot “at risk”. Give it a try.

Tim