Looking for good 1st book in RE - Posted by NewGuy NY

Posted by Ben W on April 07, 2000 at 09:24:52:

Hi!

I’d recommend Ron LeGrand’s Fast Cash With Quick Turn Real Estate. Its a simple, but very valuable introduction into quick turn RE, which is where the real money is! In fact, i’d recommend anything by Ron LeGrand–i’ve found his stuff to be dynamite!

If you’re interested in rehab, Kevin Myers has a great book–Buy It, Fix it, Sell it, Profit! This is an awesome step-by-step for rehabbing properties, and is a Bible of sorts for me!

I’ve only done 2 deals here, but i’m in full swing, and these two guys have done it for me! Feel free to email me if you wanna talk about this more–i’m kind of new, too, but would be glad to talk to you.

Hope this helps,

Ben W

Looking for good 1st book in RE - Posted by NewGuy NY

Posted by NewGuy NY on April 07, 2000 at 09:10:44:

I’m just getting interested in RE and would like to gain as much knowledge as possible before I start. Can anyone recommend a good book to start with?

I live in NYC so anything on mobile homes won’t be useful.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for good 1st book in RE - Posted by JBinMD

Posted by JBinMD on April 07, 2000 at 14:55:44:

Hey NewGuy,

What part of the big apple are you in? I lived there for many (too many) years up until about 2 years ago.

The books that have been recommended to you so far are very good - and I am a big fan of LeGrand myself. However, to thoroughly prepare your mindset for this business, and to provide the proper view on your motivation to succeed, a must read is Robert Kiyosaki’s book Rich Dad Poor Dad. Go to the bookstore now. Buy the book. Read it in one sitting if possible. Absorb it. You will not be sorry, I assure you. This book will light a fire under you and drive you to succeed. It will give you a new way of thinking about your spending, investing, saving and anything else you can do with your money. All other books will teach you how to flip, L/O, subject to, wrap and rehab properties, but none will actually give you a new perspective on the money you will be making. IMHO this book should be the one that all other RE knowledge builds upon.

He also has other products that are excellent, but this is the place to get started. I am so grateful that Kiyosaki was the keynote speaker at the convention in Atlanta, because he really got me thinking. I never would have known he existed had he not been there.

Just my .02.

Good Luck

Jason

Re: Looking for good 1st book in RE - Posted by Anthony Henry

Posted by Anthony Henry on April 07, 2000 at 09:31:36:

Hey NewGuy, being a newbie I can tell you that Nothing Down for the Nineties by Robert Allen was GREAT…As a matter of fact he’s having a seminar in Brooklyn today at 2pm…I so wish I could attend. But alas the J.O.B demon has got me chained…lol. Next time though. I have tons of title’s Ive collected Id be more than willing to send a list your way when I get home lata.
Good Luck

Anthony Henry