Looking for Help in IOWA - Posted by SPAT

Posted by Ernest Tew on October 05, 2003 at 05:57:45:

Mostly, you have two choices: Sell your home to someone with credit problems and hold the financing; or, sell it to someone in the business at a low price and get cash. The price will need to be low so that the person doing the work and taking the risks can make a profit. Essentially, that is what this forum is about.

Given a choice, most people would prefer to live in a nice conventional home. Typically, renting an apartment or buying a mobile home is their second choice or a temporary arrangement until they can buy a conventional home.

Today, with low interest rates and easy financing, just about anyone with a pulse and reasonable credit can get a thirty year loan to buy a home if the land is included.

When interest rates increase and obtaining a loan becomes more difficult, buying a mobile home with seller financing will become more attractive. That will probably happen after the next election.

Looking for Help in IOWA - Posted by SPAT

Posted by SPAT on October 01, 2003 at 21:40:49:

My family and I have lived in a double wide for the last five years. During this time our family has grown and we are in search of a bigger home.

In the time I’ve spent trying to sell our home, we have run into potential buyers with low credit scores who are unable to get financed.

Advertisements have been placed with a mobile home listing service in our area and in the local newspapers. Does anyone have any other avenues we can take to try and sell our home to the right person? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.