looking for tax records on properties - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on December 30, 2000 at 22:49:30:

A subscription is fine. And I don’t mind paying more than currentstatus.com’s . I’ll be starting off slow (low volume) but expect it to pick up soon. So I’m hoping it’ll work out in the end. But I’ll also try FARES. Do you have their number? I can’t seem to find them on the web. IF you know of any more, please let me know. Thanks.

I’m also going to see if I can access Newark’s ‘tax duplicate’ books. Are you tired of me yet? :slight_smile:

looking for tax records on properties - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on December 28, 2000 at 17:11:36:

Hi All:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding websites that provide tax information for properties in NJ and the rest of the nation(owner, owner’s address, etc.)?

I tried searching this site’s archives but keep getting a ‘server not responding’ error message. Anyone else having troubles searching the archives?

try currentstatus.com (nt) - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on December 28, 2000 at 19:55:19:

nt

Re: try currentstatus.com (nt) - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on December 29, 2000 at 11:51:10:

Thanks Ben (NJ) for all your help. Speaking from a NJ RE Investor’s point of view, you’ve been a big help. Now that I’m done shmoozing :slight_smile: would you happen to know how I can obtain a list of the tax lien certificates that were sold in Newark a couple of months ago. I tried obtaining this list from Newark’s tax assessment/tax collection offices but it’s not available to the public (according to them). I was told that the only way to obtain this list would be to get a back copy of the Star-Ledger. But they couldn’t tell me which date to look up. Would the NJ Law Journal also have this list?

Thanks again.

Happy New Year evryone!

I can get it… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on December 29, 2000 at 17:47:36:

but it’s going to take a few days. I think I have it on disk somewhere in the back offices. I can e-mail it to you if you have Excel format. You owe me big! (just kidding)Happy New year!

Re: I can get it… - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on December 30, 2000 at 21:33:04:

Yeah I have excel 97 so that will be good. Thanks a lot.

I contacted currenstatus.com. They have a service where you can do a tax lookup for $30/search which would probably be useful if I was looking to do a title search. Would you happen to know of a similar service that lets me subscribe on a monthly/yearly basis? Basically, I just want to know the current address of a few owners of some abandoned houses I saw the other day. I know there names as well as the legal status of the homes (whether or not they’re in foreclosure, # of liens, etc.) but don’t know their addresses and/or phone numbers. I’m thinking to do this at $30/search everytime I come across an abandoned house would get pretty expensive.

Thanks again.

Re: I can get it… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on December 30, 2000 at 22:32:27:

For such low volume, it is going to be a problem
doing anything on line. First American Real Estate Services (FARES) is one company that does it but they are more expensive than current status. The only thing I can think of is to go directly to the tax collector’s tax duplicate books and look up the mailing address. Most on line services want a subscription rather than permitting piecemeal usage. Good luck.